Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "Unfriendly" Stores, Corporations ... STOP whining and do something about it!

OK, major rant here .. started in the Cabela's thread and I didn't want to hijack it so I am moving it over here.

The problem: Stores that have no gun or no OC policies. Don't matter one freaking bit if it is corporate policy or the local manager.

The solution: Stop fucking shopping there! It's as simple as that!

Sitting around whining, writing letters and making phone calls isn't going to do a freaking thing to make these idiots change their policies, the only things these people understand is profits and as long as you keep going back to them and spending your hard earned money they don't give two shits what your politics are!

So how about we take the red pill and wake the fuck up! Most of the bitches are about major corporations any way. Cabelas, Wal-Mart, you name them ... you REALLY think corporate cares one fucking bit about you wanting to exercise your right to carry a gun? FUCK NO THEY DON'T. What they do care about (and the only thing they really care about) is profits, mindless sheep wandering their aisles spending every last cent they have, along with money they don't have!

Secondly, for you 'major corporation freaks' .. why the HELL are you spending your money there when a good 60% of the economy (and 98% in your local economy) is based off of small business, the 'mom and pop' shops. You are all SO verbal about making this country great, about building it back up and about a grass roots revival of this country. So why the FUCK do you give your money to some company that ships it overseas, that hires people as 'cheap as they can', that will only build a store in your town if the state and local government gives them a tax break and brings you the bottom of the barrel products with little to no service? Where the hell is the pride in that?

You want this country 'back'? You want to help bring a healthy economy back so as many people have jobs that want them? Yea? Well stop your whining about these huge corporations that don't give a shit about you or your community, stop wasting your time trying to change a policy that is being set in a board room of people that only want profits and their big fat bonuses for getting those profits ... spend your money with 'mom and pop' down the street. Talk to them, get to know them and when they do right by you make damn sure you tell everyone you know about them. THAT is what this country is about and THAT is what will strengthen our economy!

Enough of the whining .. put your money where your mouth is!

[/end rant]

Default Re: "Unfriendly" Stores, Corporations ... STOP whining and do something about it!

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    OK, major rant here .. started in the Cabela's thread and I didn't want to hijack it so I am moving it over here.

The problem: Stores that have no gun or no OC policies. Don't matter one freaking bit if it is corporate policy or the local manager.

Sitting around whining, writing letters and making phone calls isn't going to do a freaking thing to make these idiots change their policies, the only things these people understand is profits and as long as you keep going back to them and spending your hard earned money they don't give two shits what your politics are!

So how about we take the red pill and wake the fuck up! Most of the bitches are about major corporations any way. Cabelas, Wal-Mart, you name them ... you REALLY think corporate cares one fucking bit about you wanting to exercise your right to carry a gun? FUCK NO THEY DON'T. What they do care about (and the only thing they really care about) is profits, mindless sheep wandering their aisles spending every last cent they have, along with money they don't have!

Secondly, for you 'major corporation freaks' .. why the HELL are you spending your money there when a good 60% of the economy (and 98% in your local economy) is based off of small business, the 'mom and pop' shops. You are all SO verbal about making this country great, about building it back up and about a grass roots revival of this country. So why the FUCK do you give your money to some company that ships it overseas, that hires people as 'cheap as they can', that will only build a store in your town if the state and local government gives them a tax break and brings you the bottom of the barrel products with little to no service? Where the hell is the pride in that?

You want this country 'back'? You want to help bring a healthy economy back so as many people have jobs that want them? Yea? Well stop your whining about these huge corporations that don't give a shit about you or your community, stop wasting your time trying to change a policy that is being set in a board room of people that only want profits and their big fat bonuses for getting those profits ... spend your money with 'mom and pop' down the street. Talk to them, get to know them and when they do right by you make damn sure you tell everyone you know about them. THAT is what this country is about and THAT is what will strengthen our economy!

[/end rant]
    Whoo Hooo!!!!!

I don't have to hear about ammo "deals" at W-M from dc, anymore!!!!!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: "Unfriendly" Stores, Corporations ... STOP whining and do something about it!

[/end rant]
    I 100% agree with you! And has been what I have been doing for 20 years. But people seem to only want the lowest price and don't care how they get it. Or who it affects. These big box stores have been a Disease in this country for a long time now. And look where it has gotten us. Low price and kick backs!! = No jobs and bad economy, poison kids toys ect.

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    I 100% agree with you! And has been what I have been doing for 20 years. But people seem to only want the lowest price and don't care how they get it. Or who it affects. These big box stores have been a Disease in this country for a long time now. And look where it has gotten us. Low price and kick backs!! = No jobs and bad economy, poison kids toys ect.
    You couldn't have said it better and rep to you sir (and yes Tootie and I STILL owe you a visit)

I would be 1000 times happier handing you or Rich Warner or even * cough cough * Jerry Dunkelberger my money than some asshole at Cabelas because I know I am supporting a local business backed by a real family, real people and I KNOW if I have a problem a few months down the road I can come back to you and get REAL service ... that means everything.

This freaking country HAS to get over "as cheap as possible" and realize cheap ain't always good. I remember a day when the saying was "you get what you pay for" .. now that has been replaced by "The cheapest price wins no matter what" ..... this GD flea market mentality has got to stop or these fucking corporations are going to rule us like slaves.

(Northampton County)

Great idea. Can you name a few anti-gun stores? I never run in to any. I heard about Gander Mountain today. But I don't have one within an hour of me. I'll avoid them at all costs!

(Montgomery County)

i think it all started to change in the early 80s. it became about conspicuous comsumption. buying more and more stuff and i think we're all guilty of it to a point. the cheaper it is, the more of it you can buy. be it clothes or shoes or big screen tvs. i remember my dad wearing his father's overcoat for as long as i can remember. he didn't need a different coat for every day. when something wore out you replaced it. people's mentality changed to the consumer mode. couple that with the fact that we manufacture very little here anymore. it's hard to convince people to buy something american made that cost's more to help out country's economy. higher priced stuff means they can't afford as many of them.

(Northampton County)

You couldn't have said it better and rep to you sir (and yes Tootie and I STILL owe you a visit)

I would be 1000 times happier handing you or Rich Warner or even * cough cough * Jerry Dunkelberger my money than some asshole at Cabelas because I know I am supporting a local business backed by a real family, real people and I KNOW if I have a problem a few months down the road I can come back to you and get REAL service ... that means everything.

This freaking country HAS to get over "as cheap as possible" and realize cheap ain't always good. I remember a day when the saying was "you get what you pay for" .. now that has been replaced by "The cheapest price wins no matter what" ..... this GD flea market mentality has got to stop or these fucking corporations are going to rule us like slaves.
    I do have a good amount of customers that do see it that way. For them I will do everything I can to help them in every way they need it. I owe them everything!

People do have to wake up though. In more ways than one. It is starting to look like a sickness with people and price. They are being programed. A simple save a buck or two will lead into weeks of research gallons of gas burned and bragging to others, that don't care that you saved $2.00 on a P mag.

It is sad!

Dave, whenever you have the time, you and Tootie are always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Great idea. Can you name a few anti-gun stores? I never run in to any. I heard about Gander Mountain today. But I don't have one within an hour of me. I'll avoid them at all costs!
    How about Wal-Mart? we have heard the stories about them for months (if not years)

How about Best Buy? We have heard the store by me (Stroudsburg) is VERY anti-gun.

What I am saying is let's make a list, and keep it up to date and REFUSE to spend one penny there and even more so to let them know and then make sure we spend that money at a competitor (whether a mom and pop or not).

We have the power, we aren't just 'gun owners' we are also consumers and our dollars are our 'vote' .. time to step up to the plate and vote your conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI19403 View Post
    i think it all started to change in the early 80s. it became about conspicuous comsumption. buying more and more stuff and i think we're all guilty of it to a point. the cheaper it is, the more of it you can buy. be it clothes or shoes or big screen tvs. i remember my dad wearing his father's overcoat for as long as i can remember. he didn't need a different coat for every day. when something wore out you replaced it. people's mentality changed to the consumer mode. couple that with the fact that we manufacture very little here anymore. it's hard to convince people to buy something american made that cost's more to help out country's economy. higher priced stuff means they can't afford as many of them.
    You know what? I saw the same thing happening at the same time. The American consumer shifted into as cheap as you can get mode and the problems have shown themselves since then.

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    Dave, whenever you have the time, you and Tootie are always welcome!
    We are going to make it soon Rich. I know I have been talking about it for some time but me being another 'small business owner' things have come up .. know you get it. I'm thinking this Saturday before we hit the Wind Gap show.

Small business, I love it, I hate it but I am trapped in it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast