Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Question Another misdemeanor drug charge question

hey everyone,
    long time viewer, just registered and this is my first post.i believe there are threads regarding this topic but i am unable to locate them using the search tool, so here goes.
    i was charged with ,"possession of marijuana,under 1 gram" and "possession of hazardous material". These are 2 DIFFERENT cases and both are over 2 years old. i pleated guilty and was ordered to just pay the fines.i never saw a judge and just paid my fines and that was the end of it.
    Either way i am applying for a ccw, but id like ANY and ALL input regarding my situation. Any feedback will be helpful.
    thanks in advanced
    -bajadan

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Another misdemeanor drug charge question

If you're in Philly, you're probably going to be denied under the character clause even if your offenses aren't prohibiting ones.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

delco sir, but yea i think im leaning towards denial too.thxs for the quick rely tho

(Butler County)

The following 2 questions on the LTCF application may cause a problem:

32. ARE YOU NOW CHARGED WITH, OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT FOR A TERM
    EXCEEDING ONE YEAR? THIS IS THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE THAT YOU “COULD HAVE RECEIVED,” NOT THE ACTUAL SENTENCE YOU
    DID RECEIVE.
    (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE FEDERAL OR STATE OFFENSES PERTAINING TO ANTITRUST, UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES,
    RESTRAINTS OF TRADE, OR REGULATION OF BUSINESS; OR STATE OFFENSES CLASSIFIED AS MISDEMEANORS AND PUNISHABLE BY
    A TERM OF IMPRISONMENT NOT TO EXCEED TWO YEARS.) (READ INFORMATION ON BACK PRIOR TO ANSWERING)

34. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY DRUG OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE OFFENSE UNDER THE ACT OF APRIL 14, 1972
    (P.L. 233, NO. 64) KNOWN AS THE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, DRUG, DEVICE AND COSMETIC ACT?
    (ALL DRUG-RELATED CONVICTIONS WILL PROHIBIT LICENSING, UNDER SECTION 6109 RELATING TO LICENSES)

It was my understanding that any drug conviction was an automatic denial for a license to carry; However, the OP would still be able to buy and possess firearms depending on the conviction but a LTCF will be denied.

CL

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bajadan236 View Post
    i was charged with ,"possession of marijuana,under 1 gram" and "possession of hazardous material". These are 2 DIFFERENT cases and both are over 2 years old. i pleated guilty and was ordered to just pay the fines.i never saw a judge and just paid my fines and that was the end of it.
    Either way i am applying for a ccw,
    The drug charge doesn't even look like a Commonwealth offense; there's no single-gram distinction in the PA Controlled Substances, Drugs, Device, and Cosmetic Act. In what jurisdiction were you charged for these offenses?

If you never saw a judge, to whom did you issue a guilty plea? How could that plea be determined to be knowing, voluntary and intelligent?