Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default undetermined status

I recently was givin undetermined status. Before trying my purchase I had my record pulled from the FBI and also have an attorney running a firearms rights search. The results of the FBI record and the rights search came back in my favor. The attorney stated that by federal and PA law I had nothing on my record that should prevent me from purchasing a firearm and was advised to do so. So I am a little confused on why I was placed in this status. I have since sent in my challange paperwork. State Police should of received today. I am in a waiting status now. Any idea of what the outcome may be? If it comes back unchanged what would be my next step?
    Thanks in advance!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: undetermined status

Read here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...r-stories.html

It's in the big green banner at the top of every page.

(Cumberland County)

good readings thanks 39flathead. Seems to be a lot of delays happening. I guess there is no no guarantee that there position will be reversed. Im hoping,cuz legally there is not reason for the denial.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by rugman View Post
    good readings thanks 39flathead. Seems to be a lot of delays happening. I guess there is no no guarantee that there position will be reversed. Im hoping,cuz legally there is not reason for the denial.
    I'm not too up on the current system, that's why I didn't offer any advice or opinion.

I never have a problem, sometimes I get an operator and have a slight wait of a few mins, other times I get right through.

Might I ask why you had your record searched before hand?

I'm not asking details, but that does seem a bit strange unless you suspected something might come up.

(Berks County)

I recently was givin undetermined status. Before trying my purchase I had my record pulled from the FBI and also have an attorney running a firearms rights search. The results of the FBI record and the rights search came back in my favor. The attorney stated that by federal and PA law I had nothing on my record that should prevent me from purchasing a firearm and was advised to do so. So I am a little confused on why I was placed in this status. I have since sent in my challange paperwork. State Police should of received today. I am in a waiting status now. Any idea of what the outcome may be? If it comes back unchanged what would be my next step?
    Thanks in advance!
    Hope you didn't pay the attorney much to run a "firearms rights search" (whatever that is) All the information you really need is your criminal history, which you could have obtained from PSP for a few $. Curious though as to why you "had your record pullled" and had an attorney BEFORE trying to purchase. Is there something on your criminal history you were worried might prohibit you? If so that may be the reason for the delay, where they are trying to determine whether it is prohibiting or not.

(Cumberland County)

I was denied a few years back so I thought i would check into my record to see if anything was there that would of prevented me. It didn't cost much to do the research. I hope I get a reversal letter. If not I will continue the research to continue to try to make it happen. There is No legal reason why I was denied.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmark View Post
    Hope you didn't pay the attorney much to run a "firearms rights search" (whatever that is) All the information you really need is your criminal history, which you could have obtained from PSP for a few $. Curious though as to why you "had your record pullled" and had an attorney BEFORE trying to purchase. Is there something on your criminal history you were worried might prohibit you? If so that may be the reason for the delay, where they are trying to determine whether it is prohibiting or not.
    The PSP will give you records. Some states require fingerprinting in person to receive your record. I have had charges in another state. So what I did was to go to the LPS and get fingerprinted and submited prints to the FBI for complete record. None of the charges were anything major but I still wanted to see what could of been holding me up. Report came back with no reason under PA and Federal law that would prohib me from purchasing firearm. This is why I was looking for feedback on here if anyone had any.

(Berks County)

Rugman,

Please do not take offense to this but this is not making any sense to me.

You state that you were denied a few years ago. Why were you denied? Did you have that eventually reversed? There is obviously something on your record, hense your request to have it checked for your second attempt.

If you want some good, NON LEGAL advise from the members here I would suggest that you provide as much information as possible especially concerning your criminal background.

Again, this is my suggestion but it might help you.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by SammyL View Post
    Rugman,

Please do not take offense to this but this is not making any sense to me.

You state that you were denied a few years ago. Why were you denied? Did you have that eventually reversed? There is obviously something on your record, hense your request to have it checked for your second attempt.

If you want some good, NON LEGAL advise from the members here I would suggest that you provide as much information as possible especially concerning your criminal background.

Again, this is my suggestion but it might help you.
    unknown why i was denied the first time. I never challanged it. Before trying again I investigated my record before trying again to make sure i wasnt wasting my time. Obviusly something is flagging me. I have had charges in my past. None of the charges violates the guidelines for buying a firearm. I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I am hoping for a reversal letter.

(Northampton County)

unknown why i was denied the first time. I never challanged it. Before trying again I investigated my record before trying again to make sure i wasnt wasting my time. Obviusly something is flagging me. I have had charges in my past. None of the charges violates the guidelines for buying a firearm. I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I am hoping for a reversal letter.
    I think someone around here mentioned that if you do not challenge a denial, it puts a flag on you doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast