Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Good gun safe sale besides black Friday?

So i read thru the posts on safes, and I checked some out in stores and it seems I am best fit to get something around a 14 gun, fire rated safe. It seems that the only time these things ever go on sale for a good price is on black friday! Is there ever any other time of the year that a good price is offered? Example...Dicks has their models about 100 off right now.. but if you look those same models with the black Friday ad they are another 100 off... and it seems that way across the board at any place. Any ideas? I guess either suck it up or wait it seems.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Good gun safe sale besides black Friday?

Look for a used safe...

Quote Originally Posted by RedNutInc
    So i read thru the posts on safes, and I checked some out in stores and it seems I am best fit to get something around a 14 gun, fire rated safe. It seems that the only time these things ever go on sale for a good price is on black friday! Is there ever any other time of the year that a good price is offered? Example...Dicks has their models about 100 off right now.. but if you look those same models with the black Friday ad they are another 100 off... and it seems that way across the board at any place. Any ideas? I guess either suck it up or wait it seems.
    Costco has a their Bighorn 19ecb on sale for $569 with free curbside shipping ($200 off regular price). Sale ends on the 27th.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Beaver County)

Dunhams has weekly sales on items check their ads and check out Tractor Supply also.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNutInc View Post
    I felt the same when I bought mine. It was a very good deal, then later on I saw it for a VERY good deal.
    I said o well because I am very happy with what I picked.

Oh also, whatever capacity you think you need, buy double that.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by M&P Chris View Post
    I felt the same when I bought mine. It was a very good deal, then later on I saw it for a VERY good deal.
    I said o well because I am very happy with what I picked.

Oh also, whatever capacity you think you need, buy double that.
    Right now, I need one for ammo and a few small handguns. Ideas?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Dunhams has weekly sales on items check their ads and check out Tractor Supply also.
    /\ This. I've seen a number of good safe sales through Tractor Supply at non-holiday times. They often sell out fast, but they'll take your order and ship when it comes in.

(Bucks County)

I just bought a safe last year,I did my research on the internet,found the best price with shipping then went to a few lock shops around me and told them I would rather spend my money local if they could do better than the internet price,all the local shops did,I bought from the one I liked dealing with the best,good luck

(Allegheny County)

Funny this came up. I was just looking into safes last week.

The only additional space for a new safe is in the basement though.
    Do the dehumidifier rods work well enough to keep a safe in an unfinished basement?

The floor is concrete and we do run a portable dehumidifier in the summer, but when it's cold (unheated basement), the dehumidifier won't work. (they ice up if air temp is too low)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Funny this came up. I was just looking into safes last week.

The only additional space for a new safe is in the basement though.
    Do the dehumidifier rods work well enough to keep a safe in an unfinished basement?

The floor is concrete and we do run a portable dehumidifier in the summer, but when it's cold (unheated basement), the dehumidifier won't work. (they ice up if air temp is too low)
    Have a Remington rechargeable "dehumidifer" in the safe,and run a dehumidifier in the summer,or whenever humidity level is above auto setting (55%).

Winter air has low humidity usually.My basement is heated though.

Yeah I know didn't really answer your question about the dehumidifier rods,but the rechargeable seems to work with no issues with my setup.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast