Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I hate the people in my neighborhood

Check out this particular message on the Northern Liberties message board. A**holes.

http://pub50.bravenet.com/forum/stat...92585&cmd=show

I'm Pretty sure "Al" and "Bob" are PAFOA alum.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I hate the people in my neighborhood

Pretty pathetic - but not surprising.

It truly is amazing how many people feel the way the posters on the board feel. I guarantee you that they'd be the first to hope somebody had a gun and came to their aid while they were being mugged or raped.
    I'll bet that each one of those posters have an "Obama" sticker on their car.

It really is up to us law abiding gun owners to try to educate and introduce as many people like this to guns and shooting. It's not an easy task by any means, but we must try.
    Last edited by 1blindref; November 11th, 2009 at 11:30 AM.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I read some of those responses and wanted to shoot the computer screen for allowing that stupidity to exist on it.

I believe this particular psychological ailment is called "cognitive dissonance", where the people on the other side really, really want to believe that they are the warm, fuzzy, "every man is my brother" humanitarians who believe that all men are inherently good, and gun owners are furry-browed Neanderthals who cower in fear and distrust their neighbors:

"I'm surprised that Al and Bob have an internet connection in their safe rooms.
    Perhaps a good shrink can help you with your pathological fear of other people?
    "

Yet, what do these advanced & self-actualized members of an enlightened society assume your typical person would do if given the chance?

"so basically this would let you shoot anyone on the sidewalk outside your house and then claim that they were somehow threatening you??? great idea!!!"

"And, I won't feel sorry for you when your own gun is used to accidentally kill yourself or your family. . ."

"What if someone parks their friggin car on my sidewalk. Does the Castle Doctrine allow me to smash the junker with my drawbridge?"

This isn't an aberration, this is ALWAYS what Progressives say. They predicted that Florida streets would run red with the blood of innocents, as gunslinging Floridians were allowed to kill anyone they feared (or claimed they feared), rather than be obliged to run screaming into the night. They put up tacky signs warning tourists that they risked being killed by armed citizens in disputes over parking spaces (although they didn't think to put up signs warning UNARMED tourists that local utes had a habit of targeting tourists by altering road signs to funnel them into urban killing zones, knowing that anyone stepping off a plane is guaranteed to be unarmed.)

Florida's murder sprees by permit holders never materialized, so the Brady loonies and the VPC liars stopped talking about it. But they still argue 2 points, which sort of don't go well together:
    - We live in a civilized world, you should trust your neighbors, there's no need to arm yourself.
    - The only thing that stops your average person from committing several murders every week is the lack of a handy gun when they go into their killing rages over trivial issues.

What I get from this, is that Progressives are filled with murderous rage, and they assume that everyone else must be worse. Look at what they consider to be acceptable things to say about George Bush, about Sarah Palin, about citizens who assemble to present their grievances to their elected representatives about proposals to seize control of all health care. Seriously, "tea baggers"? Is that a term that a mentally healthy Left would use to simultaneously demonize the Right and let slip their contempt for gays?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

I probably didn't help much by calling them criminals that will probably be back in jail soon and are unable to own firearms...

Sorry, there are time I just don't have the patience for morons who aren't smart enough to want to be able to protect themselves and their family without the fear of legal ramifications...

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I read some of those responses and wanted to shoot the computer screen for allowing that stupidity to exist on it.
    I felt the same fury. It's sad because these people are almost too far out to educate. smh

(Northampton County)

Wow...

I really hate being so passionate about firearms and self defense because when I read shit like this, it pisses me off for a while.

Now I need to rub one out and take a xanax.

(Montgomery County)

Reading that neighborhood message board reminded me of the "progressive movement."

There is no more reason to attempt a debate with a "progressive" then there is to cheat in the Special Olympics.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Somerset County)

I tried , I really tried to read the posts .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast