Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default A good read, everyone has to start somewhere, don't make it harder

Uncomfortable people with guns in their hands shooting in the stall next to me isn’t what I like to see. I decide to talk to her. Keep in mind that no one at this range knows me or knows what I do for a living. That’s why I like shooting there; I have complete anonymity and can focus on my own training rather than teaching others. I rarely talk to anyone, but something told me that I needed to talk to this girl. - See more at: http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne....3f2cuZYZ.dpuf
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: A good read, everyone has to start somewhere, don't make it harder

Can't rep you at the moment, UJ, would if I could. Some good thought-provoking points in that piece.

This, of course, is just pitiful:
    She asked all her male friends and family members to go to the range with her, but all of them turned her down.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Can't rep you at the moment, UJ, would if I could. Some good thought-provoking points in that piece.

This, of course, is just pitiful:
    Got him.

(Berks County)

Got him for ya.Good man,I must say.

(Allegheny County)

Great story... I would hope many here would do the same. Pay it forward… someone else did for most of us.

(Northumberland County)

Yes, great story.

(York County)

Point well taken:

I read the post out loud to my wife just now. She was very impressed. Then she reminded me about something that must have happened more than ten years ago at Delta-Peach Bottom Fish and Game where I took her to shoot (wives apparently never forget). She is not a gun person. However she does like old westerns, and one day asked to shoot one of my single actions. Now this gun is a big gun: full 7.5" barrel and in .45 caliber. We spent about an hour at the range and after a while she was doing pretty good with it at ten yards, keeping each cylinder of shots in the black.

Now all this matters because of what happened next. A male was set up on the other end of the range with his teenaged son. He had some modern, tactical type gun. He and his son struggled to hit anything with it. While he was clearing the latest jam, his son admired my wife's shooting the single action and her revolver's classic appeal. The man must have been miffed that a "woman" was doing well with her pistol. He told his son to "quit paying attention to that useless Wyatt Earp shit".

Like I said: women never forget. She is still able to quote the guy after all these years.

(Lycoming County)

If that man had chosen another range or even that same range but came earlier he would not have been there to help her.

Here was a chance for others in her family (and even other 2Aers at the range) to step forward and help someone new to firearms learn the ropes, what to do and what not to do.

Not until Greg arrived, did anybody step up to the plate.

Some may call it coincidence but I do not.

There had to be someone there with a heart to help.

Someone to actually notice her there and her nervousness.

Someone who was open to talking and listening to her.

A story we can all learn from.

I pray her night went well.

My wife, before we met, lived in a neighborhood where she was broken into three times in a short time period.

She understands fully the fear of the moment x 3.

Again, good job!

Thanks UJ for posting

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Montgomery County)

Great story, I'd love to be able to help someone like that.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unclejumbo again"

(Tioga County)

Great story. Shared.
    MikeP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast