Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Another Glock 19 Question

Sooo, a "stripped" upper with no innards. The innards parts kits, I see AIM Surplus at $39.99 and Glock OEM for like $120. Yes, I realize the Glock part kit has the sights however that aside, is there really a concern with parts quality that would warrant me going with OEM vs. secondary market at that higher OEM price? I do notice the cheaper one has a channel liner punch tool to help get that in there which seems would be required in order not to break it unless anyone else has experience putting that part in and has advice?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Another Glock 19 Question

It would be reasonable to assume that the AIM surplus kit will be the absolutely cheapest quality of parts and will not be held to the same quality control standards as Glock. You get what you pay for, choose accordingly.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(York County)

I have built 2 Glock clone slides using the AIM Surplus parts. Both seem to function fine to me, but I am no Glock expert by any stretch. I will say that I probably only have maybe 150 rounds through both so far. I would guess that the extractor and maybe the firing pin could be the weak links in the AIM parts???
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Berks County)

I would say those are two critical components. This will be an EDC as well if that matters.

Also, to get the channel liner in, what tool do you use? Is it flush with the end or do you drive it down further?

(Tioga County)

I used a Lone Wolf channel liner tool. Took me like 5 seconds to do with the proper tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I would say those are two critical components. This will be an EDC as well if that matters.

Also, to get the channel liner in, what tool do you use? Is it flush with the end or do you drive it down further?
    Go to a gun shop and buy a Glock 19. Just sayin. Clones have a place at the range, but not on my hip in a holster.

(Berks County)

Gotcha. Full disclosure, I have one. I however just bought a slide with a cutout for a reflex site. That*s why I have these questions. The slide has no parts, thus my need.

If I could mount the reflex site to the stock slide I would and case closed and sell the slide I bought. Is there a way that I am not thinking of?

Or, is there a way to buy a finished slide with the cutout?
    Last edited by Gunowner99; February 13th, 2023 at 11:02 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Gotcha. Full disclosure, I have one. I however just bought a slide with a cutout for a reflex site. That*s why I have these questions. The slide has no parts, thus my need.

If I could mount the reflex site to the stock slide I would and case closed and sell the slide I bought. Is there a way that I am not thinking of?

You can send the factory slide to be milled for whatever sight you are using.
    Today was a good day!

(Clearfield County)

Sooo, a "stripped" upper with no innards. The innards parts kits, I see AIM Surplus at $39.99 and Glock OEM for like $120. Yes, I realize the Glock part kit has the sights however that aside, is there really a concern with parts quality that would warrant me going with OEM vs. secondary market at that higher OEM price? I do notice the cheaper one has a channel liner punch tool to help get that in there which seems would be required in order not to break it unless anyone else has experience putting that part in and has advice?
    Truth be told it would be fairly difficult to make glock parts any cheaper than glock already does, there is NOTHING in a glock that's expensive to make.

(York County)

"Palmetto sells complete slides as well. You can get some with red dots already mounted. They have so many choices...colors, optics cut, threaded barrels, etc.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...black-dlc.html
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast