Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Anyone know any good shops for finding milsurps and older guns in SE PA?

Stuff like WW1/WW2 or even antiques

Especially around the philly area

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Anyone know any good shops for finding milsurps and older guns in SE PA?

Try surplus city, american arms and ammo

Default Re: Anyone know any good shops for finding milsurps and older guns in SE PA?

Quote Originally Posted by appleorangefish View Post
    Stuff like WW1/WW2 or even antiques

Especially around the philly area

There's an antique gun show in Gettysburg next month. Nothing past WWII, I believe.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/...niag-gun-show/

(Berks County)

Not sure if you are aware of these guys, but their shows in Allentown are exactly what you are looking for.
    https://gunshowtrader.com/promoter/f...-arms-society/

Locks Gun Shop in Philly always has interesting stuff. What are ya looking for? I'm thinning the herd so to speak.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(York County)

My experience is to simply say be patient. Now is not the time for finding milsup arms at any price. Tons of stuff is out there, but it is one of the most extreme marketplaces I've seen in forty years.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    My experience is to simply say be patient.
    This. The days of full racks of mil surplus to pick from are long over. Surplus city used to have racks of them but lately their supply has been sparse the last few years (still worth checking out though). Then take a trip to Tanners in Furlong. They don't specialize in milsurp but you can usually find a few interesting things to look at.

If you like older guns make sure you go to the Forks of Delaware shows in Allentown. They have all kinds of rare and exotic firearms. Unfortunately it seems like everything at the show is priced that way too.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    Not sure if you are aware of these guys, but their shows in Allentown are exactly what you are looking for.
    https://gunshowtrader.com/promoter/f...-arms-society/
    I had high hopes for that show in July, left empty handed because it seemed like a bunch of old guys selling things at gunbroker prices because "i know what i got".
    I don't know if it's because they had a drought of milsurp/collectors shows for 1.5 years because to COVID, explaining the bizarre prices, or if it's normally like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    There's an antique gun show in Gettysburg next month. Nothing past WWII, I believe.
    Thanks, going to keep that on the radar. Do you know what kind of crowd it is compared to the allentown show?

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Locks Gun Shop in Philly always has interesting stuff. What are ya looking for? I'm thinning the herd so to speak.
    Yeah someone at my range mentioned them to me that they've found good things there in the past. Going to check them out, it's nice they're open late on Fridays.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    What are ya looking for? I'm thinning the herd so to speak.
    Thanks for the offer, I'm actually looking to add to the milsurp handgun collection, especially WWI revolvers (french 1892 revolvers, Webley's, Belgian/Swedish/Norwegian nagants) that kind of stuff.
    Rifles are lower on my "discretionary spending" list, unless there's a really good deal.

(Bucks County)

When you said milsurp I immediately thought rifles.......You are not going to find any gunshop in Pa that regularly stocks the pistols you mentioned. Your best bet is still the Forks of Delaware show and bring your checkbook. Cry once and pay it. Then enjoy your rare pistol. They will not be cheap on gunbroker either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast