Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 99 of 222 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Viper's OC log

Default Re: Negative Encounter at Iron Hill in Media

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    PrettyInPink and I went to Iron Hill on State Street today for dinner. We had a beer and a meal, and after we were finished and were waiting for the check, a waiter and a manager, named Eric, came over and asked to talk to me.

"You're making some of our customers uncomfortable and they are leaving."
    "Okay...well, I am not worried about what other people think. Obviously, that's your job. I've been here dozens of times in the last three years and no one has ever had a problem."
    "Well, there's been a few customers who have come in, seen that you're armed, and left."
    "Well, what do you want to do?"
    "I'd like to ask you if you can cover it up."
    "I don't cover up for the sensibilities of others. We're going to be wrapping up here shortly - if you're telling me that open carry is not welcome here anymore, I'll respect that and we won't come back, which is a shame because we really like it here."
    "We'd love to have you back, but in the future we ask that you either cover it up or not bring it in. If you're not willing to do that and you simply don't come back, that's up to you."

I thanked him for being polite and told him that I would take this all into consideration. The bartender came by and gave us the check.

"Sorry I made such a dangerous environment here for you."
    "Oh my god, I am so sorry! I didn't even know what they were talking about at first. Besides...and I probably shouldn't even say this...but the guy that complained is like, the worst customer we have. He comes in here and sits around for hours, barely spending any money, and he's usually my last customer when we're cleaning up. But, he's a member of the Mug Club. I guess after he saw you, he flipped out and said he's never coming back again, then went outside and started telling everyone coming in that you had a gun and that they shouldn't come in! I think it's great that you're carrying, I don't understand why people have a problem with it."

I've sent an email to Iron Hill customer service -

...but I bet I will just get the same "we respect your rights/our customer's safety is important/we don't want guns/sorry."
    I like their food also, but it's not as if there aren't a dozen or so other good restaurants within walking distance. I am waiting to see what their response to you is and will continue to patronize them or not accordingly.
    Last edited by internet troll; July 31st, 2014 at 08:29 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

The mug club guy was guilty of causing a disturbance and bad for business. The manager may think he did the right thing taking care of his regular customer but the guy will be emboldened and will start making more demands. Eric can have fun dealing with that.
    I agree you'll probably get a " Sorry to see you go" letter.

(Delaware County)

So Stephens it is from now on. Fine by me, I think their food and atmosphere is much better anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    So Stephens it is from now on. Fine by me, I think their food and atmosphere is much better anyhow.
    I am a fan of Felinis Cafe. They have a good pasta and crabsauce dinner.

(Delaware County)

Default Philly OC: Still treated like a crime

Some days, I can go visit my mother and help her out with household chores, including taking the dog for a walk or going to the store across the street, and I have no problems.

Other days, like today, I get treated like a criminal.

My mom asked me to take her bills down to the mailbox and send them on their way. The distance from her front door the the mailbox is less than two city blocks, so there was no point at all in driving.

As I walked along Frankford Avenue, I noticed a PPD cruiser at the next light, waiting behind a couple of other cars for the red light. The light had just turned green for the crosstraffic, so I walked over to the postbox on the other side of the street and dropped off the mail.

As I walked away from the mailbox back down Frankford, the cars from the red light behind me passed by, including the police cruiser. At first, he kept driving down the road, but then he started to pull to the right, and began a U turn.

My hope was that he would pull up, I could show him my LTCF and DL, and scedaddle on my way. When he bladed his cruiser onto the sidewalk in front of me, blocking a third of the Avenue, that hope was dashed.

As he pulled up, I did two things - turned on my voice recorder for my protection, and took out my wallet. With LTCF and DL in hand, I reached them out to the officer as he approached me.

"Get on the car," he barked, then motioning to my LTCF and DL, "I don't care!"
    "Sorry?" I hadn't heard what he said at first due to background noise.
    "On the car!"
    "I'm sorry, no."
    "When I'm done..." He came closer, reaching for my arms.
    I backed away. "Excuse me! Please don't touch me, officer."
    The 'I don't care' from before now turned into "I will verify it" as he put his hand on my right shoulder and shoved me towards the hood of his car.

I am sick and tired of this unprofessional, rude, aggressive behavior, and I let him know it.

Here's the recording.

Last edited by ViperGTS19801; August 1st, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Junior

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Philly OC: Still treated like a crime

Some days, I can go visit my mother and help her out with household chores, including taking the dog for a walk or going to the store across the street, and I have no problems.

REDACTED.... in case
    I guess the first 1983 lawsuit wasn't enough.

1) Failure to provide OC legality training
    2) Failure to provide 4th amendment training
    3) Failure to provide professional standards
    4) Failure to hire people w/o a GOD complex

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    I guess the first 1983 lawsuit wasn't enough.

1) Failure to provide OC legality training
    2) Failure to provide 4th amendment training
    3) Failure to provide professional standards
    4) Failure to hire people w/o a GOD complex
    Failure to provide personal accountability to officers

(Montgomery County)

I wonder how much you can get for that altercation. Last time you settled, this time you should up the ante. Teach them a lesson.

(Delaware County)

Last edited by BimmerJon; August 11th, 2014 at 03:03 PM.

(Lancaster County)

My mom asked me to take her bills down to the mailbox and send them on their way. The distance from her front door the the mailbox is less than two city blocks, so there was no point at all in driving.

As I walked along Frankford Avenue, I noticed a PPD cruiser at the next light, waiting behind a couple of other cars for the red light. The light had just turned green for the crosstraffic, so I walked over to the postbox on the other side of the street and dropped off the mail.

As I walked away from the mailbox back down Frankford, the cars from the red light behind me passed by, including the police cruiser. At first, he kept driving down the road, but then he started to pull to the right, and began a U turn.

My hope was that he would pull up, I could show him my LTCF and DL, and scedaddle on my way. When he bladed his cruiser onto the sidewalk in front of me, blocking a third of the Avenue, that hope was dashed.

As he pulled up, I did two things - turned on my voice recorder for my protection, and took out my wallet. With LTCF and DL in hand, I reached them out to the officer as he approached me.

"Get on the car," he barked, then motioning to my LTCF and DL, "I don't care!"
    "Sorry?" I hadn't heard what he said at first due to background noise.
    "On the car!"
    "I'm sorry, no."
    "When I'm done..." He came closer, reaching for my arms.
    I backed away. "Excuse me! Please don't touch me, officer."
    The 'I don't care' from before now turned into "I will verify it" as he put his hand on my right shoulder and shoved me towards the hood of his car.

I am sick and tired of this unprofessional, rude, aggressive behavior, and I let him know it.

More details to come later when I get home and am in front of my own computer.
    Mark I really appreciate what you do. I don't think I'd continue to OC if this was potential part of my daily life. It's sad that cities and places like this exist in this country. Move to Lancaster we have ......stuff and things.
    I'm in for any support needed

Page 99 of 222 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast