Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

I drove up to Reading to spend some time at the range and ended up shooting about 200 rounds of practice ammo and about 20 rounds of my SD ammo. Had a blast!

The guys at Stoney Creek are the best.

I've decided I need to buy some targets that give me immediate visual feedback so that I can self-correct immediately. Apparently I do better just emptying the mag without thinking - nice big hole.

Also, I couldn't figure out why I was so jittery - I thought it might have been because it was my first time at the range by myself UNTIL I headed home and started thinking about supper.... and then I realized I hadn't eaten lunch! I had been too busy doing all those household things that needed to be done before I could reward myself with some range time.

Rule number one: EAT lunch.
    Rule number two: reward myself FIRST, then shampoo the carpets.

Yup. That's the plan.

(Berks County)

Great shop, with great service

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

Glad to see there's an indoor range close to home. Keep up the good work! Slow progress is better than no progress, great job!

(Berks County)

Here is something interesting..

"We apologize for the detailed and delayed application process, but this level of scrutiny is required in order to maintain the highest level of safety and integrity within our range.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Stony Creek Outfitters"

This is from the link for the membership info,but check this out..

The meaning of Integrity;
    Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

Here is my beef with this place, a few buddies of mine have joined (white guys) and I (Spanish guy) who applied way back in JULY gets the run around.. Funny how things work huh.. Its been going on for 2 months and I keep getting the same crap that the owner will check into it and he hasn't gotten the chance yet. Funny thing is I got inside scoop on some trash talk..

"Pictures of Hispanic dudes on target's" umm I guess that's why I'm not approved to join yet?

This part of PA i so divided, makes me sick!

Don't worry I'll keep calling and trying, crap wait I think the Reading Eagle is doing an Article on this Place..
    Last edited by RoMendez; September 30th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoMendez View Post

"We apologize for the detailed and delayed application process, but this level of scrutiny is required in order to maintain the highest level of safety and integrity within our range.
    Stony Creek Outfitters"

Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes.

Here is my beef with this place, a few buddies of mine have joined (white guys) and I (Spanish guy) who applied way back in JULY gets the run around.. Funny how things work huh.. Its been going on for 2 months and I keep getting the same crap that the owner will check into it and he hasn't gotten the chance yet. Funny thing is I got inside scoop on some trash talk..

"Pictures of Hispanic dudes on target's" umm I guess that's why I'm not approved to join yet?

Don't worry I'll keep calling and trying, crap wait I think the Reading Eagle is doing an Article on this Place..
    Just a heads up, I am less than white . I am a big person of colour with a mohawk and i have been treated with nothing but respect at Stony Creek Outfitters. I have no problem, with them trying to keep the range safe and limited membership on a case by case basis. Have you tried to join some of the local outdoor ranges? You have to get some one to sponsor you , then get voted in and possible attend a safety orientation. Not easy and used to do the same thing. A couple questions :

1. Do you have a lctf

2. Have you asked what you can do to move your membership thru a safety check or training .

3. What does a " Pictures of Hispanic dudes " targets look like ?
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Stony Creek Outfitters"

(Berks County)

Trust me if they let Pagoda through the door...EVERYONE should be able to get through the door.

(Berks County)

Stony Creek Outfitters"

Uh....what? I am a Puerto Rican (hard to hide the fact), I showed up, got a friendly greeting from all, when I asked to join, I got no issues, I had my CC Permit with me and my DL, got approved and NEVER had any sort of issues (not looking for any either). I don't know what you are going on about......this place is a great place to come in and my only regret is that I haven't gotten to stop in in over a month because of my new job. But you can bet I will be there soon, and what exactly are you going on about with the targets?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

(Berks County)

Stony Creek Outfitters"

I am not sure what the problem is in your case though I will say that I as well am Hispanic and I became a member just about 2 months ago. The minute I walked in the shop I was treated with the utmost respect. I had my PA LTCF and drivers license, filled out the application and was given membership with no problem. I have been back to the range a number of times and once again the guys there are great! I just wish I could get there more often.
    I would suggest, before you throw the race card into the mix, you find out what exactly may be the problem.

(Berks County)

The guys at Stony Creek Outfitters have always been nothing but friendly to me as well. I just wish I had more available funds to spend in the store/use the range. I know when I'm able to purchase my next firearm I will give my business to Stony Creek Outfitters.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast