Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 824 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3247247748148208218228238248258268278288348749241324 ... LastLast
Results 8,231 to 8,240 of 16832
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by SL Dan View Post
    I ordered on 12/12. BUT, I paid the extra $5 for expedited shipping. They shipped them on 12/14 and arrived on 12/16.
    ahh ok I used FREE (SLOW) shipping.. package made it to Clinton pa fed-ex depot last night.. soon very soon lol

Nice Walther. I used to have a clone of one of those, made in Romania. Was a nice shooter. Traded it for something my wife could operate better, the slide was tough to rack.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    ahh ok I used FREE (SLOW) shipping.. package made it to Clinton pa fed-ex depot last night.. soon very soon lol
    Hopefully yours arrive not bashed up. Sportsman's Guide is sending a replacement to me, but I it sounds like it will not be expedited.

These came in the mail today. Bought them on eBay on Monday.

NWU Type III/AOR2 Size 8 (I got a big ass head) Eight Point Cover

NWU Type II/AOR1 Size 8 (yes, I will be wearing these for S&Gs once I get matching parkas) Eight Point Cover

For people who may not understand the significance of these, let me explain.

I believe the Navy switched over to the NWU (Navy Working Uniform) in 2009, with every sailor expected to have them in place of the old utilities by 2010. There are three types - the blue/grey/black NWU Type I that is issued to all sailors now in boot camp and can be purchased at the NEX, the three shades of brown NWU Type II/AOR1 that is issued to the US Navy SEALs only and the green/white/black NWU Type III/AOR2 that is issued to the US Navy SEALs, EOD, SWCC and Seabees. Unlike NWU Type I, Types II and III are unit purchases only - a sailor in one of those authorized units can't just go to the base NEX and buy new ones. They have to be requisitioned through the unit's supply chain.

Earlier this year, I had a guy at my job who was an ETCS and still in the reserves order me a NWU Type I size 8 eight point cover and 2XL/L NWU Type I parka. But getting the Type II and Type III stuff is even harder, since I'm looking for my size. I did find a Type III eight point cover, but it was size 7 3/4s. It fit, but it hurt my brain so now it sits on top of my cubicle at work. That eight point cover was apparently a Seabee issue item, since it had the ACE embedded in the fabric in various locations. The Type II and Type III used by USN special forces doesn't have the embedded ACE - and these eight point covers do not have the ACE in them either. If I hadn't bought them from a well regarded surplus supplier, I'd be worried about counterfeits since the ACE isn't present. So I'm reasonably sure that these covers were worn by a SEAL before me.

I'm not too concerned about keeping these in "good" condition, since they've already obviously been worn. So I plan on wearing them (once I get a PO3 on the Type III one and TRY to find a PO3 for the Type II one - try being the keyword since Type II is SEAL exclusive, and there aren't many SO3s in the Navy since most people are SO2 by the time they finish the training pipeline).

I also have a Type III 2XL/L parka on the way, should be here tomorrow. Need to find a 2XL/L coyote brown liner to go with it, and then find a rare-as-hens-teeth Type II 2XL/L parka.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SL Dan View Post
    Hopefully yours arrive not bashed up. Sportsman's Guide is sending a replacement to me, but I it sounds like it will not be expedited.
    Mine came today, sand and all.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Allegheny County)

My Ballistic Advantage 18" SPR rifle length gas system barrel and ALG 15" V2 rail arrived today. I also ordered a complete PSA lower with MOE SL stock that should be here next week.

(Montgomery County)

Ordered the other day, arrived today:

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    These came in the mail today. Bought them on eBay on Monday.

NWU Type III/AOR2 Size 8 (I got a big ass head) Eight Point Cover

NWU Type II/AOR1 Size 8 (yes, I will be wearing these for S&Gs once I get matching parkas) Eight Point Cover

For people who may not understand the significance of these, let me explain.

I believe the Navy switched over to the NWU (Navy Working Uniform) in 2009, with every sailor expected to have them in place of the old utilities by 2010. There are three types - the blue/grey/black NWU Type I that is issued to all sailors now in boot camp and can be purchased at the NEX, the three shades of brown NWU Type II/AOR1 that is issued to the US Navy SEALs only and the green/white/black NWU Type III/AOR2 that is issued to the US Navy SEALs, EOD, SWCC and Seabees. Unlike NWU Type I, Types II and III are unit purchases only - a sailor in one of those authorized units can't just go to the base NEX and buy new ones. They have to be requisitioned through the unit's supply chain.

Earlier this year, I had a guy at my job who was an ETCS and still in the reserves order me a NWU Type I size 8 eight point cover and 2XL/L NWU Type I parka. But getting the Type II and Type III stuff is even harder, since I'm looking for my size. I did find a Type III eight point cover, but it was size 7 3/4s. It fit, but it hurt my brain so now it sits on top of my cubicle at work. That eight point cover was apparently a Seabee issue item, since it had the ACE embedded in the fabric in various locations. The Type II and Type III used by USN special forces doesn't have the embedded ACE - and these eight point covers do not have the ACE in them either. If I hadn't bought them from a well regarded surplus supplier, I'd be worried about counterfeits since the ACE isn't present. So I'm reasonably sure that these covers were worn by a SEAL before me.

I'm not too concerned about keeping these in "good" condition, since they've already obviously been worn. So I plan on wearing them (once I get a PO3 on the Type III one and TRY to find a PO3 for the Type II one - try being the keyword since Type II is SEAL exclusive, and there aren't many SO3s in the Navy since most people are SO2 by the time they finish the training pipeline).

I also have a Type III 2XL/L parka on the way, should be here tomorrow. Need to find a 2XL/L coyote brown liner to go with it, and then find a rare-as-hens-teeth Type II 2XL/L parka.
    I've got some old bell bottom dungarees in a sea bag in the attic somewhere if you need em
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Northampton County)

http://libertycans.net/centerfire-ri...-constitution/

Well I "bought" this today, maybe I'll have it in my possession by mid summer.
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Lackawanna County)

I got a form 1 back

Page 824 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3247247748148208218228238248258268278288348749241324 ... LastLast