Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to help moderate classifieds?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 90.00%
  • No

3 10.00%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Replies to classified ads are now completely disabled (including your own)

I have start making the necessary changes to the forum configuration to support the setup we've all been discussing here, but unfortunately it's late and I will most likely have to finish this Wednesday.

Basically what it's looking like we're going to end up doing is:

1. Creating an Archive forum where dead classifieds go to die (already done)
    2. Allowing users to tag their classifieds as [CLOSED] (which will let us know to move them to the archive)
    3. Moving all classifieds that have not been updated in over 31 days to the archive
    4. Allowing users to bump once every 72 hours (based on suggestions and the posting rates, this seems to be a fair number)

I've already archived all of the currently "dead" ads I could find.

As of right now replies are still disabled while I figure out the new permissions necessary to move forward.

I swear I don't do this stuff just to annoy you guys! Hopefully the end result will be an easier to use classified section.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Replies to classified ads are now completely disabled (including your own)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I have start making the necessary changes to the forum configuration to support the setup we've all been discussing here, but unfortunately it's late and I will most likely have to finish this Wednesday.

Basically what it's looking like we're going to end up doing is:

1. Creating an Archive forum where dead classifieds go to die (already done)
    2. Allowing users to tag their classifieds as [CLOSED] (which will let us know to move them to the archive)
    3. Moving all classifieds that have not been updated in over 31 days to the archive
    4. Allowing users to bump once every 72 hours (based on suggestions and the posting rates, this seems to be a fair number)

I've already archived all of the currently "dead" ads I could find.

As of right now replies are still disabled while I figure out the new permissions necessary to move forward.

I swear I don't do this stuff just to annoy you guys! Hopefully the end result will be an easier to use classified section.
    I think it'll be great and you're being very fair about it!

Hopefully you can get some help in there to make your life easier.

Most of us LIKE bumping posts..myself included!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Cambria County)

I put my hat in the ring to help out, and I agree with andrewjs18, you're being very fair about the issue. Thanks.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    I put my hat in the ring to help out, and I agree with andrewjs18, you're being very fair about the issue. Thanks.
    Thanks, but my goal isn't even really to be fair, it's to give you guys what you want within reason. I truly was surprised that I was in the minority on the concept of bumping. Had I known how few people shared my opinion I wouldn't have done it in the first place. At least it was an impetus to come up with a better solution overall (which I hope to have finalized by Wednesday night, I should have been asleep hours ago)
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Cambria County)

Thanks, but my goal isn't even really to be fair, it's to give you guys what you want within reason.
    Don't look now, but I think that means being fair, at least, that's how I meant it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Don't look now, but I think that means being fair, at least, that's how I meant it.
    Yeah, I was just saying that in making the decisions it's rarely a matter of choosing between your interests and mine, it's almost always a matter of choosing between your interests and User X's, that's where things get interesting and I get headaches!

(Delaware County)

Yeah, I was just saying that in making the decisions it's rarely a matter of choosing between your interests and mine, it's almost always a matter of choosing between your interests and User X's, that's where things get interesting and I get headaches!
    This will keep people coming back who are on a lot that do like to post stuff for sale and bumps ads.....

I see a fair amount of regular users posting in the classifieds...

Question...is there a limit on how many posts a person makes before putting up something for sale?

The only problem I see with want ads is there are "members" I say this with a grain of salt, that only post in the want or sale section and very rarely contribute to any of the other posts...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

So? There are members who only post in discussion forums and never post ads. Should there be a problem there, too?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    So? There are members who only post in discussion forums and never post ads. Should there be a problem there, too?

I have to agree with Frenchy...I think XDtalk forces you to have X amount of posts or be a member to the forums for X amount of days before posting to the classifieds...

I think Frenchy talking about the same basis where people post in the classifieds, but don't post anywhere on the site...almost like they're taking advantage of it. IMO

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast