Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 615 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 11551556560561161261361461561661761861962566571511151615 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 16832
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yeah, I have them bookmarked already in anticipation of there holiday sales.
    Better be ready to jump on it, they sell out quick. I bought the bolt & charging handle combo for $99 as soon as I saw they were back in stock. Got the $200 upper and some .38 long colt and made out okay.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yeah, I have them bookmarked already in anticipation of there holiday sales.
    A Stag upper will go well with your lower.

Black Friday deals on their website.

http://www.stagarms.com/blackfriday/

(Pike County)

Here's my birthday haul:

I purchased this rifle because 22LR is becoming more reasonably priced/available, I wanted a good 22LR that would be nice for 50-100 yard shooting, I felt the need to have a 10/22 in my collection and because Ruger made a limited run of these rifles. I plan on getting a nice optic for this rifle, I purchased a BX-25 magazine with the rifle too since it only came with 1, 10 round rotary magazine. I will get some more magazines in time.

I haven't shot this rifle but I just love how it feels. Even though it has a milled receiver it feels lighter than my WASR-10, the aluminum magazines feel light as air. I got 5 magazines with the rifle, a sling and cleaning kit. The only thing I really don't like is the stock. Not only does it feel uncomfortable on the cheek but it's a pain in the ass to operate the folder. However, I ordered a totally new, complete, unissued stock from the Czech Republic along with a new, unissued bayonet and about 20 stripper clips so I can load the magazines fast. The furniture I ordered is the original wood impregnated, plastic stock best known as the beaver barf furniture. I regret ordering the complete set of furniture since it cost $60 more than just the stock but I wanted to make sure it all matches but if I knew the hand guards and pistol grip would be in such pristine shape I would have just got the stock. Fit and finish is top notch on this VZ 2008, Century did an excellent job assembling it. Down the line I want to get a nice muzzle brake to tame the recoil.

This M77 rifle is another impressive buy for the price, build quality/finish is excellent and it has the clearest sights of any AK pattern rifle I handled. I plan on changing out the furniture to get it back to military configuration, I do not know if I want to get a matching plastic buttstock/pistol grip and keep the original handguards or go for a complete wood set to replace all the furniture. A slant receiver adapter exist for this rifle but it's out of stock, so I have to wait on that. I will also be grinding off the weld on the thread protector so I can put a muzzle break on. An optic is a must for this rifle so I plan on buying a BP-02 mount and a 6x24 PSOP optic (Weaver Mount). I wanted a sturdy Eastern European optic for this rifle but I never liked how the Russians have left off set optics so I decided this was the best setup for the rifle. Lastly, magazines suck for this rifle. You either have to search out for the few, expensive 10 round models available or the much more expensive 20 round magazines. By the way the stubby 10 round magazines are a pain to remove from the rifle since you have so little surface to grab onto. Good news is M1A magazines can easily be converted to work with these rifles so I bought one to see if my Dremel skills are up to the task.

Worse case scenario I ruin a $20 magazine, this will be my last Promag magazine since the finish turns my hands black anytime I touch it. If a cannot get them to work a guy online is making custom 20 round mags for this rifle which should be available in a few months.

Some ammo to feed this rifle:

I needed another carrying case since I almost doubled my rifle collection with this latest acquisition:

I got this for the custom 1911 Commander I purchased back in August, I wanted real leather since that only felt right for a 1911.

A gift given to me by someone who knows I am a firearm collector:

That same person gave me a nice blanket that isn't too heavy which goes great with my recliner and they made me some homemade hot sauce:

I also got this from a friend:

A reminder of the days in the not so distant pass where me and this friend would play Borderlands CO-OP on his PS3 several times a week after work at his parents home. We became friends at my last job but since then we have both moved on from that job to better jobs. Now I do not have the time/energy to go out and play video games during the work week thanks to my new job, with him he has since moved out of his parents and is living with his fiancé. So it's a bitter sweet, nostalgic gift for me. She is a great person though, she made me this cannoli cake for my birthday:

My best friend gave me some nice gifts for my Hookah, I am not digging that stuff up for photo's.

A few things I realized with this birthday:

-The value of those 3 rifles are equal to the price of one higher end H&K USP 45, how fucked up is that....

-Century Arms without a doubt assembles excellent firearms today. My WASR-10 was great but this VZ-2008 makes it feel cheap while costing $130 less.

-Zastava doesn't get enough credit for making a top notch 308 rifle for $530.

-Zastava should be kicking it's ass for not making affordable 20 rounds for such a wonderful rifle.

-My only disappointment with the M77 and VZ 2008 is neither has a chrome line barrel but because of everything else they offered I overlooked this strike against them. By the way this is just personal preference.

-You do not need to spend $2000 to get a good semi-automatic rifle.

-I do not have a lot of friends or family but the ones I do have are worth their weight in gold. Quality>Quantity.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post

-I do not have a lot of friends or family but the ones I do have are worth their weight in gold. Quality>Quantity.
    That's a good life lesson to learn.

(Clearfield County)

crapco (catco) sten.

(Allegheny County)

Used, large caliber lap dog with no box or papers.
    No fur due to severe case of mange, but nothing that can't be fixed with some cold bluing.
    Still has original testicles. For now.
    Paid $250. Initial shots and mange medication included.

Gonna need a leash, food, shelter, and love, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I think I did good.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No fur due to severe case of mange, but nothing that can't be fixed with some cold bluing.

I think I did good.
    He looks like you: white, wrinkly, balding, and doesn't care if his dick is hanging out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    He looks like you: white, wrinkly, balding, and doesn't care if his dick is hanging out.
    But I thought EM hates DICKS ???

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Here's my birthday haul:
    Very nice haul. For my birthday haul this year I got -$500 (loss) in Vegas and rear ended again

That M77 is a cool rifle. RS Products is making an optic mount for it and they can be modded to accept M1A mags that have been slightly modded and still accept factory mags. Don't ask me how though. My preferred dealer in Indiana, Pa had it done and I think it was on a whim. The modded rifle costs about $200 more, but something that has crossed my mind.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I think I did good.
    You did Beautiful dog

Page 615 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 11551556560561161261361461561661761861962566571511151615 ... LastLast