Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Range Report Wexford SGL

I went today and it was 95% decent people.

There where two younger guys shooing a compact glock with a extended mag, like the 30 round kind. I really don't care about round counts but it could have cost them a bunch.

I was standing around waiting for a clear to get my targets and talk to some other guys who where shooting some sub compacts that I wanted to ask about. But the 30 rounders swept everyone with there muzzle while trying to figure out whey they where not hitting anything so I just took my bags and left.

They seemed like they where just ill informed about range safety and not total jackasses, but I went to the range for some serious de-stressing and I was just not in the mood. I felt kind of bad about not trying to inform people and make things safer for everyone but it just was not in me today.

I'm glad that my stress is from two solid interviews that I'm hoping to get an offer for soon, but the wait is killing me. Then I can get a membership at a proper club.
    Last edited by QuackXP; July 15th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone know the hours of the SGL 203 range?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fireblast713 View Post
    Anyone know the hours of the SGL 203 range?
    According to the PA state website, "Unless otherwise posted, these ranges are open year-round, from 8 a.m. until sunset, Monday through Saturday, and noon to sunset on Sundays."

But I don't know if 203 is posted for different hours.

(Allegheny County)

I was at the range on Saturday afternoon and it was plenty busy for my taste, but several open benches at the 50 and 100 yard targets. Most people seemed okay as far as safety was concerned. I did not go down to the pistol targets... they looked very busy the whole time I was there. Overall I would go back and if I can swing it with my work schedule I might try a week day.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by swissvalian View Post
    According to the PA state website, "Unless otherwise posted, these ranges are open year-round, from 8 a.m. until sunset, Monday through Saturday, and noon to sunset on Sundays."

But I don't know if 203 is posted for different hours.
    This is correct for 203. During the summer season there is a sign by the sign in sheet that states sundown is at 8:35. I did not notice if it was still there last time I was there this Saturday.

I have found that from 8:00 - 10:00 am on Saturdays are not very busy and have quality shooters. However around 11:00 - Noon douchebags with less than adequate firearms safety and handling skills start to show up.

For those that were there on Saturday, did anyone notice the guys that were shooting the Rifle with a bayonet? Is that kosher at the SGL? I didn't say anything but it just seemed odd.

This saturday was pretty good for the most part. I brought a few friends down and we were there for almost 4 hours. It was a great time.

(Allegheny County)

I did not see a bayonet, but I guess he was playing it safe... if you can't hit the target you can always run up to it and stab it a few times!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    For those that were there on Saturday, did anyone notice the guys that were shooting the Rifle with a bayonet? Is that kosher at the SGL? I didn't say anything but it just seemed odd.

This saturday was pretty good for the most part. I brought a few friends down and we were there for almost 4 hours. It was a great time.
    Was it an SKS? I was there Saturday and Sunday and saw an SKS with the attached bayonet at least one of the days. I am pretty sure its legal, just odd to have on if it isn't permanently attached.

(Westmoreland County)

Don't rule out somebody shooting a Mosin Nagant with a bayonet attached. A lot of Mosin buffs shoot with bayonet attached. I read an article a while back that the Mosin is more accurate with the bayonet attached.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge about Mosins will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwin Lead View Post
    Don't rule out somebody shooting a Mosin Nagant with a bayonet attached. A lot of Mosin buffs shoot with bayonet attached. I read an article a while back that the Mosin is more accurate with the bayonet attached.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge about Mosins will chime in.
    Really?? That would be some interesting info if confirmed.

No it was definitely a Mosin. It was a bolt-action and it was a real big boom when they were shooting.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast