Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Cabela's / Bass Pro ... Mossberg Shockwave prohibited??

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    One of the people in the gun department told me that they sold more guns than all the FFLs in PA put together. Fact or fiction? I don't know.
    They sell quite a few, but they are not even first on the list let alone more than all others in PA combined.

(Northampton County)

I got an official response from Legal & Compliance today. They state that Bass Pro / Cabela's is not permitted to sell the Mossberg 590 Shockwave 7-Shot Pump-Action Shotgun (SKU: 2692750) in any Pennsylvania store or to any resident of Pennsylvania. When I pressed them for clarification on whether they believed the item to be restricted in PA, they replied that they "could not quote Pennsylvania law" and then stated that the item was "either restricted under Pennsylvania law or Bass Pro simply chooses not to sell it within the state of Pennsylvania or to any resident of Pennsylvania." Regardless, Legal & Compliance prohibits it. The end.

(Chester County)

Why do you need an 18.5" barrel shotgun? The Constitution does specify limits on what kind of gun you are permitted to own.
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Why do you need an 18.5" barrel shotgun? The Constitution does specify limits on what kind of gun you are permitted to own.
    I don't "need" a lot of the things I own. I just want them. I didn't "need" leather seats in my truck. I didn't "need" a 65" TV in my bedroom. I'm just partial to the 18.5" vs the 20" just like I'm partial to a 16" vs 20" AR or a 12.5" vs a 10" or an M&P 2.0 3.6" vs a 4.0". In any case, Bass Pro has decided to implement their own restrictions beyond what is required by law. I don't like their anti-gun sentiment, but it's their right. It's not like I'm surprised by it either. It's in line with the fuddy stance they've had for years.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I don't "need" a lot of the things I own. I just want them. I didn't "need" leather seats in my truck. I didn't "need" a 65" TV in my bedroom. I'm just partial to the 18.5" vs the 20" just like I'm partial to a 16" vs 20" AR or a 12.5" vs a 10" or an M&P 2.0 3.6" vs a 4.0". In any case, Bass Pro has decided to implement their own restrictions beyond what is required by law. I don't like their anti-gun sentiment, but it's their right. It's not like I'm surprised by it either. It's in line with the fuddy stance they've had for years.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    I'll never get leather seats AGAIN!
    FJB

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Say that again.

My 18.5 barrel scatter gun. Bought it off Tanner's Gunbroker sales before they sold the business. Remington won't even sell to public these Police models anymore. You do know I was being facetious?

Last edited by JenniferG; July 1st, 2024 at 09:16 PM.
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

I got my rem 870 police magnum from the lansdowne police dept, with 250rnds of 00buck. All for 250.00 Even has the riot sling.
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    If you're gonna get another Ford they now say their "leather" seats are now made out of ActiveX, synthetic and free of any animal ingredients.
    NRA Life Member

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    If you're gonna get another Ford they now say their "leather" seats are now made out of ActiveX, synthetic and free of any animal ingredients.
    NRA Life Member

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast