Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: So now i have no LTC or gun

Not sure how close it got, but it sounds like this guy came close to not getting a chance to tell his side of the story.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: So now i have no LTC or gun

Quote Originally Posted by Jup06 View Post

I'm just trying to figure out what you meant, . . . .
    People aren't trying to be cagey and for the $50 that GL charges for the seminar, you would be better off to attend and just skip the next two boxes of 9mm you were planning to buy.

I won't respond to any questions that you have after this hint, but think about it this way.

(Hypothetically) you get attacked and wind up shooting the attacker in self-defense. You call 911 and state that you were in fear for your life and shot your attacker in self-defense. If you did call 911, I believe that this would be the standard setup for articulating an affirmative defense.

Now what do you think the hardest part of any police investigation is? To find the person who did it and get them to admit that they did it. Well what do you think your 911 call was? Do you think you can just dummy up after the police respond and then the police will pretend that you didn't call them?

I won't say anymore as I agree it's best not to try to rephrase what GL said into something he didn't say. Personally, it was worth it to me ($150 for all three seminars) to have a lawyer's interpretation of PA and federal gun law. I view it as exceedingly cheap insurance against the potential possibility of spending a lifetime behind bars for basically not knowing how to play a game that is really stacked against you if you naively believe that you will be treated fairly even if you don't know the rules.

I don't remember which of the three seminars covered this topic, but if you PM GL he can point you to the pertinent seminar. If you decide to take the seminar, you will understand why no one thinks they can condense a subtle and nuanced legal proposition into a few paragraphs of text that can't be easily misinterpreted on the internet.
    Vortex

"The United States is a nation of laws, . . . . badly written and randomly enforced." - generally attributed to Frank Zappa

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456