Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: King Shooter's Supply

+1 for Kings Shooting Supply!
    $40 for internet transfers? LGS's don't like internet transfers due to people buying used handguns and then the recipient is not happy and wants it sent back. I don't blame them.
    $25 for a FTF transfer is a fair price.
    I have always found them to be a top notch group!
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    I just used Kings again tonight and if given my choice would do all my transfers there. Why would I go somewhere else and pay more money? How can you recommend a shop you've not used yourself? Curious as to your thought process there. Great service, very friendly/knowledgeable help and centrally located for alot of us PAFOA people.
    I think you misunderstand me. I'm not knocking King's at all. I just said I was there and got some bullets and a reloading manual and the people were great. The manual was cheaper than anywhere I could find online too, including amazon and eBay. $25 may not be bad for a FTF transfer, especially when the people are friendly and helpful. 10% is a bit hard to swallow though on a new Internet purchase, for me anyway (consider a $600 gun would have a $60 fee), and as such I look for the best deal I can find for Internet FFL transfers. That's where Treeline came in. I visited them as well and the guy there was friendly as well taking the time show me and tell me about several guns I might be interested in in the future (Mosin, sig 2022, some AKs, Zastava PAP, and an SKS) even though I was just browsing.

I don't even blame King's for the 10% FFL fee, that's their business decision. I won't hesitate to go back for bullets, reloading supplies, and to check out guns but I probably wouldn't do a new Internet purchase transfer there.

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: King Shooter's Supply

Ok that Makes a little more sense to me. I have an ffl I use if I need a gun shipped to me, an old Marine. I've not had anything shipped to kings but I have done many ftf transfers there. Best price around for that, even bought a gun from them, just wanted to know where you were coming from.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Montgomery County)

I do all my trasfers there. I mail and receive a lot of guns, an average of 5 per month, and have never had a problem or a complaint. The guns were always shipped fast and arrived in great packaging. In fact I received many compliments from those that traded with me long distance.

I either trade/buy on this site or a Sig site. If I can't fid the gun I want from a private sale, then I always go to Kings and buy it there. I rather spend a couple extra dollars and support my local dealer then those on line only.

I think there is value in being able to walk into a store and be able to handle, feel and discuss the gun you are looking to purchase.

Thanks Kings for being a great shop with great people.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Chester County)

Shelli and I stopped in for the first time yesterday. We had heard about it and figured it was time to stop in.

They had a lot of stuff packed into that small store. Probably out only complaint is that if more than 5 or 6 people are there, it feels crowded.

We found a really nice used Springfield TRP in the counter at a great price, so we put a payment down on it.

(Chester County)

Bought my first pistol here on Saturday. Middle of the day, was fairly crowded, but they took care of everyone and I did not feel rushed. Fair price and I was in and out in a very small amount of time. (purchased a new M&P9)
    Last edited by CountryStyle; March 12th, 2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: forgot to say what i bought!
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

(Delaware County)

It is my understanding that they have a brass exchange program in that if one brings in brass, they reload the casings for a reasonable price. If they offer such a service, does anyone know the prices after exchange for loaded 9s, 40s, or 45acp?

(Warren County)

I recently picked up an order for a friend of mine (500 rounds of 9mm loaded with fmj) and the total came to $107 and some change. He dropped the brass off and they did the rest...... I've not done it myself though........
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Montgomery County)

c45man.. Give them a call.. The price mainly depends on the type and weight bullet you are selecting for each caliber..

Lead bullets are cheaper than the jacketed stuff.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Delaware County)

Thanks pk and chez I inquired because I deal with a commercial reloader in western Pa. I ordered a total of 21 boxes of ammo from master cast including ten boxes of 9, eight boxes of 40, and three boxes of 45acp. cast bullet reloads. I traded and shipped brass for the transaction. Total amount including the ammo, sales tax, and shipping both ways was $245 or $11.71 avg. per box.

With Kings, I would not have shipping, but would have gasoline costs for two round trips plus my time in travel from Media. I don't know if kings would of quite matched the price even with shipment added for the master cast order.
    Though it is certainly worth looking into.

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast