Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: LEO encounter at Home Depot in Allentown

"I am duty-bound to report that in the $23,500 Corliss settlement, Corliss got $2,500 and Magee's law firm got the rest."

Another guy who "gets it."

And lawyers claim not to understand why they're labeled as "parasites."

An email was sent to Mr. Carpenter, thanking him for this blistering column.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: LEO encounter at Home Depot in Allentown

If I may borrow an expression from pop culture "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

My options were
    1. Do nothing and let them do it again and again

2. File complaints with the department. It was made quite clear during the chief's deposition that complaints would have gone nowhere

3. File suit and represent myself. Not remotely feasible, and I wouldn't have had a chance in hell.

4. Hire a lawyer. I'm pretty happy with the outcome from this course of action.

It isn't the fault of lawyers that the system is the way it is. Without a lawyer this wouldn't have happened, and I doubt you would find one any cheaper. Bob deserves to be paid well for his services. I wouldn't want a surgeon, or pilot who was willing to work for minimum wage, and I'm glad I had a lawyer who does not sell himself cheaply either.

If it's a problem then change the system. Change the laws so they are fewer, easily understood, easily discovered, and well known. Change the courts so a person can represent themselves successfully. Change law enforcement so that they don't bother people who are not committing a crime. But please stop bashing the people who facilitate getting something done about these situations.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    "I am duty-bound to report that in the $23,500 Corliss settlement, Corliss got $2,500 and Magee's law firm got the rest."

Another guy who "gets it."
    Sigh. The only one who doesn't get it is clearly you.

After two years of specialized and highly trainied services, including hundreds of hours of work, trips to depositions, research, etc., the attorney should have gone away with LESS than his advertised rates for services?

Get real.

The attorney did what he was contracted to do. The attorney used his education, years of experience and professional skills to achieve a sucessful outcome for the plaintiff. And the plaintiff paid him according to the prior contracted terms. Just like any other service. He could have gone elsewhere, he could have tackled the lawsuit himself. He chose to pay someone with the ability to win.

Seriously, your repeated harping on this unrealistic peeve of yours is nothing but thread-shitting at this point. Give it an ever loving rest already.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    If I may borrow an expression from pop culture "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

My options were

2. File complaints with the department. It was made quite clear during the chief's deposition that complaints would have gone nowhere

3. File suit and represent myself. Not remotely feasible, and I wouldn't have had a chance in hell.

It isn't the fault of lawyers that the system is the way it is. Without a lawyer this wouldn't have happened, and I doubt you would find one any cheaper. Bob deserves to be paid well for his services. I wouldn't want a surgeon, or pilot who was willing to work for minimum wage, and I'm glad I had a lawyer who does not sell himself cheaply either.

If it's a problem then change the system. Change the laws so they are fewer, easily understood, easily discovered, and well known. Change the courts so a person can represent themselves successfully. Change law enforcement so that they don't bother people who are not committing a crime. But please stop bashing the people who facilitate getting something done about these situations.
    Amen, brother. Amen. I thank God that there are attorneys like Bob out there. And more so that we found him

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post

My options were

Agreed with everything you've stated.

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The more ignorant one is, the easier everybody else's job looks. Piloting a plane looks easy on TV, it's just sitting down and steering left or right.
    Piloting a plane is pretty damn easy, to tell you the honest truth...

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Yeah, it's the landing some people have a problem with.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

If $23,500 is all an open carrier can expect to receive after two years and violations of his civil rights does this mean more suits should be brought against small towns? With the understanding that a lawsuit such as this will hurt a small city more than a large one.

(Lehigh County)

Not to change the conversation, but what kind of plane do you fly?

Tell that to the 200 people in the back when the sh!t hits the fan. I wonder what the passengers on that USAir flight would say to you?

I would say that maneuvering the plane is pretty damn easy. Grab the yoke and move it. Voila. You maneuvered. Now, piloting on the other hand, well, that's a whole different story. There's much more to piloting an aircraft than simple deflections of the yoke. Really, it's the difference between some idiot with a sharp knife and a surgeon.

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast