Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: Single Stack 9mm Glock

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I've seen reviews suggesting the 42 was a tad larger than necessary (especially given what was already on the market in .380), the suspicion being that it was designed as a multi-caliber platform able to accommodate 9mm. (Edit: Similar exterior dimensions, I mean, not necessarily any internal interchangeability.)

I don't have the technical knowledge to know if that's true, but from a marketing standpoint I'm sure Glock want the new model to sell like gangbusters and the surest way to do that is to make it as slim as possible.
    I hear what you're saying but the leaked Glock 43 mag pics show 10 round capacity. How could the 43 hold ten rounds if the 42 only holds six?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I've seen reviews suggesting the 42 was a tad larger than necessary (especially given what was already on the market in .380), the suspicion being that it was designed as a multi-caliber platform able to accommodate 9mm. (Edit: Similar exterior dimensions, I mean, not necessarily any internal interchangeability.)

I don't have the technical knowledge to know if that's true, but from a marketing standpoint I'm sure Glock want the new model to sell like gangbusters and the surest way to do that is to make it as slim as possible.
    Fully agree with that.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    I hear what you're saying but the leaked Glock 43 mag pics show 10 round capacity. How could the 43 hold ten rounds if the 42 only holds six?
    Fair point. I don't know.

Let's speculate some more.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

I would be interested, but in the time they twiddled their thumbs instead of getting this to the market I already bought a Shield and a CW380. I wasn't going to wait around for them to suit my needs when other companies were there already. I'm sure lots of Shield, XDS, PPS, and PM9 owners will say the same.

That being said, I will be picking up a G17 or 35 soon so the wife and I can shoot matches together.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; March 16th, 2015 at 11:15 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    If Glock ever comes out with a single stack 9mm it will not be the same size as the G42, it will have to be bigger. The grip on a G42 is too short to fit a 9mm round in. I would suspect the slide will be thicker than the 42 also, among other things. The 9mm is longer than the .380 and operates at well over 10,000 psi more pressure so it is going to need a larger package with more steel.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    If Glock ever comes out with a single stack 9mm it will not be the same size as the G42, it will have to be bigger. The grip on a G42 is too short to fit a 9mm round in. I would suspect the slide will be thicker than the 42 also, among other things. The 9mm is longer than the .380 and operates at well over 10,000 psi more pressure so it is going to need a larger package with more steel.
    pretty sure Glock could actually make a single stack 9mm smaller than the g42 =P

everyone else does.

I am not a Facebooker but my buddy showed me on Glocks FB page that they have a small recoil spring with the word Spring in big bold letters...everyone is taking it as a hint that it is for the new single stack 9mm... Anyone want to find it and post it up? What says the masses, is the Glock 43? 49? on its way?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    I am not a Facebooker but my buddy showed me on Glocks FB page that they have a small recoil spring with the word Spring in big bold letters...everyone is taking it as a hint that it is for the new single stack 9mm... Anyone want to find it and post it up? What says the masses, is the Glock 43? 49? on its way?
    Ask, and Ye shall receive:

Everybody wants a SS9, so Glock is probably releasing a single stack .45GAP.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Ask, and Ye shall receive:

Everybody wants a SS9, so Glock is probably releasing a single stack .45GAP.
    Or maybe some type of break open single shot. Definitely not a single stack 9. Maybe a triple stack 40? Who knows. Actually, it's probably just a new forum section on their website that comes out this spring.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    Here's a link to the "This Spring" image, you don't need to be a Facebooker to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/GLOCK/photo...3146802651797/
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast