(Delaware County)

Default Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    I think he's referring to Form 4473.
    Ohh, Disregard PP then

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Granted, there is no amendment saying we have the right to marijuana.
    actually, there is--the 9th.

especially when one considers that the document that actually created the country--the declaration of independence--recognizes the fundamental individual human rights to liberty and the pursuit of happiness, it take a great deal of intellectual dishonesty to not admit that the 9th amendment protects the right of individuals to do with their own bodies as they like...including putting whatever they want to into it. (don't anyone even bother with the strawman arguments of driving, etc. those are separate issues and are and should be illegal.)

if anyone is interested in knowing the truth about why marijuana is illegal in this country, read "the emporer wears no clothes" by jack herer.
    F*S=k

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I didn't know you could buy a new escalde and raise six kids on $1400 a month? my rent is $1300 for a two bedroom in limerick pa!
    You can live pretty good when you get 1400 a month from welfare, get food stamps for a dime on a dollar, pay little to nothing for section 8 housing.
    Also, if you can nail a little job paying under the table 2 times a week?

You and I live in different worlds.(We work for a living) Some folks who have been born into the system, no it better how to manipulate it than we would ever know!

I have seen it. Back in the day, some of my welfare neighbors were living better than me. I have never taken a dime.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    actually, there is--the 9th.

especially when one considers that the document that actually created the country--the declaration of independence--recognizes the fundamental individual human rights to liberty and the pursuit of happiness, it take a great deal of intellectual dishonesty to not admit that the 9th amendment protects the right of individuals to do with their own bodies as they like...including putting whatever they want to into it. (don't anyone even bother with the strawman arguments of driving, etc. those are separate issues and are and should be illegal.)

if anyone is interested in knowing the truth about why marijuana is illegal in this country, read "the emporer wears no clothes" by jack herer.
    Says everything I would have said.

(York County)

Talk all you want here...but it's just wasting time and bandwidth. You want pot legal, contact your state and federal congressmen and senators.

As a libertarian Republican, I've advocated across the board legalization for years...but it ain't gonna happen on an internet forum.
    I figured Jimmy Carter would do it, but he punked out.
    BTW, the biggest problem is the well entrenched law enforcement agencies (like the DEA) who would lose their funding if drugs were legalized. The rehab and lefty anti-drug organizations would fight it too. Not because of the legality or morality...but because it's their paycheck.
    After all, when they fight medical marijuanna being used by a terminally ill patient...you think they'd cut recreation users any slack?
    However, as the feds are frantically looking for money to fund health care...and as our "President" is an admitted druggie, this may be the time to change the laws.
    Hell, you could even argue that the legislative bodies in 1933 were smart enough to remedy a lost cause...are the elected legislature of 2009 too stupid to do so?
    But you won't push this change hiding behind an internet persona, so put your money where your mouth is.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    You can live pretty good when you get 1400 a month from welfare, get food stamps for a dime on a dollar, pay little to nothing for section 8 housing.
    Also, if you can nail a little job paying under the table 2 times a week?
    Dont forget energy assistence. tuition GRANTS, medical care.

all this i have to get up and work for every day for me and them. and I cant party cause (i dont like to and) work wont allow it- so why should welfare allow it? just think how long you work to make up for what some get for free.

on another note- I am infavor of legalizing it for medical purposes.
    and another note- the day before our 2a rally in harrisburg there was a legalize marijuana rally at our capital in Harrisburg. dont know where the literature is right now....
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMtnJack View Post
    the day before our 2a rally in harrisburg there was a legalize marijuana rally at our capital in Harrisburg
    But there were only 10 people there because the other 1000 forgot what day it was?

Just had to do that. All I will say is less government is a better government, so while I am not a proponent of any drug use, my tax dollars could be spent in much better and productive ways.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by NP1724 View Post
    But there were only 10 people there because the other 1000 forgot what day it was?
    AND They all were eating munchies!!! and wearing sunglasses in the rain?
    go figure....
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

like i have stated before im friends with the co-chairman of phillyNORML and i have also volunteered my time in contacting senators and representatives in pennsylvania. and from our phone surveys it seems like 40% support and majority of the rest are undecided they just dont know much about the topic and wanted more information. but what Roy Jackson said you have to get out there and let them know what you want. i dont sujest when your calling your representative about a gun bill that you in the same conversation talk about the marijuana bill but you do what you want :-) from what i hear there should be some kind of vote hopefully around aug/sept we will se how this goes

(Lehigh County)

I'm all for legalizing most of the drugs except for those that are just dangerous to others. I don't want a bunch of meth heads running around or people on pcp or heroine.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast