Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Friend Wants a LTCF

I remember reading a few years back that the Pennsylvania State Police steadfastly refuse to expunge any arrest record from their database that resulted in a conviction. If you manage to somehow get an expungement after a conviction you are out of luck. They have thumbed their noses at many a court order.

ARD's are a little different, there is no conviction...........for all intents and purposes, it never happened. (But I'll bet it's still in PSP's Database)

I am always amazed that a state organization that is entrusted to enforce state laws still picks and chooses the ones they will obey.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by CZ40P View Post
    I remember reading a few years back that the Pennsylvania State Police steadfastly refuse to expunge any arrest record from their database that resulted in a conviction. If you manage to somehow get an expungement after a conviction you are out of luck. They have thumbed their noses at many a court order.

ARD's are a little different, there is no conviction...........for all intents and purposes, it never happened. (But I'll bet it's still in PSP's Database)

I am always amazed that a state organization that is entrusted to enforce state laws still picks and chooses the ones they will obey.
    na, probably not, It's not like they keep a registry that's not really a registry or anything.........

(Philadelphia County)

Derek:

I concur that if the arrest is on record even if the individual served an ARD would be the counties way of denying an LTCF.

They will throw the whoel "character " game at you.

The best route is to have the ARD arrest history expunged. As i indicated in the above posts; we all have a few skeletons in our closet and it's best to tie up loose ends before applying for the LTCF. Why give the gov officials a chance to say NO.

Greg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345