Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: AF Boyer Hardware in Slatington

BUMP

Just went there today for two rifle purchases. Nice guys there, and smooth transaction. Didn't get an invite to the back room, though...but I will go back. Their ammo prices are cheaper than Ed's in Tamaqua, and actually has STOCK of ammo! Imagine that.

Great place - crowded, but huge selection and good prices!
    Go on and wait for the paternalistic society where authorities take care of everything.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: AF Boyer Hardware in Slatington

Boyer's is decent but not the sacred cow they are proclaimed to be. I've bought one Glock there, decent price. When I wanted a new PX9109L Warner's beat everybody and when I decided I needed an ultra-light J frame I got the best out the door price from Dunk's.
    On the J-frame I went store to store with the printout from a couple internet stores and Dunk's beat them all(on line and brick and mortar stores) by 30 bucks.

It seems every transaction is different and you need to shop.

(Lehigh County)

If they are not busy and you ask, they will take you in the back. Its not some holy grail room, usually some surplus military and miscellaneous rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by rouschkateer View Post
    BUMP

Just went there today for two rifle purchases. Nice guys there, and smooth transaction. Didn't get an invite to the back room, though...but I will go back. Their ammo prices are cheaper than Ed's in Tamaqua, and actually has STOCK of ammo! Imagine that.

Great place - crowded, but huge selection and good prices!

(Schuylkill County)

Its been a few years but the last time I was looking for a pistol AF Boyer gave me the best price around. When it came in I asked if they happened to have any holsters for it. We went over to their basket of holsters and we found a very nice leather IWB/OWB DeSantis holster that worked for $15.

(Northampton County)

I shop here. Its always has decent prices and some ammo. People are nice too.

(Monroe County)

they always are the cheapest when ordering from gallery of guns, even if it is 10$.

(Carbon County)

boyers was better before all shit hit the fan with everyone buying every gun in sight. glocks for 489 every day. their used gun prices are ridiculous, and some of the other new is high. selection as of late is zero. good people though.

Smile Re: AF Boyer Hardware in Slatington

I have always been impressed that Alan has been able to get collectible handguns and firearms that are very difficult to find.Yes I find his used prices have gone up,and the back room deals are higher priced mostly because you can find also collectibles in the back.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I have always been impressed that Alan has been able to get collectible handguns and firearms that are very difficult to find.Yes I find his used prices have gone up,and the back room deals are higher priced mostly because you can find also collectibles in the back.
    Once you develop a following it's easy. I had a friend pass away from Wind Gap with a huge collection from cowboy action to military and I mean every army including the US, The executor took the whole collection there and my understanding got cents on the dollar. Can't confirm it for sure though.

The thought that any gun shop should pay dollar for dollar full value on an estate gun is ridiculous. Of course gun shops pay cents on the dollar. When you say something like that it is very misleading because it could be anything from 1 to 99 cents on the dollar and leaves it wayyyyy open to negative interpretation by anyone who doesn't have a clue about how a gun business works.

If a dealer had to pay full dollar, they wouldn't be able to make a penny of profit and would be called a collector, not a dealer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast