Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: King Shooter's Supply

Great shop, prefer to do my transfers there (did 2 this week) and they are super friendly with a nice selection of guns nd reloading supplies.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Chester County)

Roger's place is a great place to shop. Everyone is friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. I have bought shotgun shells and bullets in the past. Just bought a LC9 from Roger this past weekend. His total price including tax and transfer was actually less than what it would have cost me from the big online retailer especially when you consider the FFL transfer fee and Credit card fee. Best of all, I was able to walk out of the store with it within 30 minutes. He is also reloading my 9mm for me, which I figure is going to save me about at least $4 a box. Highly recommend King Shooter's Supply as the place to go.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: King Shooter's Supply

I bought several pistols from them at shows. I've been to the store but never bought there. Very friendly. Glad someone mentioned the transfer fee, I will use them, the place I previously used is now charging $40.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    Great shop, prefer to do my transfers there (did 2 this week) and they are super friendly with a nice selection of guns nd reloading supplies.
    I like the place, and I buy my self defense ammo there, but I have to say that I'm disappointed that when I called to ask them how much an internet transfer would be the woman who answered told me that they may not do it since they sell guns and why don't I buy it from them and blah blah blah.

(SPAG pulled similar bullshit with me and have been downright hostile to me and others about transfers. I'm going to start a separate post on that one.)

(Chester County)

I must give them credit once again. I was in there about a week ago and they had other customers, but when they found out I was looking to buy my first pistol one of the employees completely focused on me. He answered every question I had, gave great advice and showed me (let me handle) more examples that I would have ever dreamed of him taking the time out of his day to do. I will definitely be going back there to make my purchase as soon as I do some renting at the range to figure out which one of the options I like the best.

I have my NRA Basic Pistol class next Saturday, most likely making my purchase that very next week at Kings!!
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryStyle View Post
    I have my NRA Basic Pistol class next Saturday, most likely making my purchase that very next week at Kings!!
    I did the same thing myself. I took the NRA Basic Pistol class to educate myself a little and see if I liked shooting before investing in a firearm, then spent a serious amount of time renting all kinds of guns before I finally settled on my first purchase.

Great plan!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by teriaki View Post
    I like the place, and I buy my self defense ammo there, but I have to say that I'm disappointed that when I called to ask them how much an internet transfer would be the woman who answered told me that they may not do it since they sell guns and why don't I buy it from them and blah blah blah.

(SPAG pulled similar bullshit with me and have been downright hostile to me and others about transfers. I'm going to start a separate post on that one.)

My understanding was that they would not do a transfer on a mail order gun if it was one that they sold at the shop also. After all, they are in direct competition for that sale. I don't know if they would try to match the mail order price to make the sale or not, you'd have to ask.

(Montgomery County)

I was in there for the first time last weekend and enjoyed the visit. It's a little small and cramped, especially when there are about 10 guys shopping but everyone was friendly and prices on what I was looking at (primers, their cast bullets, manuals) were good. I wound up with 500 158 gr. .38/.357 heads and a Lee Modern Reloading 2nd edition.

As far as FFL transfers go they do have their prices/policy posted on their site:

http://www.kingshooters.com/firearms...f31ad72193721d

Basically it's $8.48 for PICS if you buy from them, $25 for a private FTF transfer, $40 for a used or auction Internet/Mail transfer, and 10% (minimum $40) for a new Internet/Mail transfer.

So while no one seems to have complaints about the store or the employees I don't think of this place as a viable FFL transfer shop.

If anyone near there is looking for a different FFL transfer option check out Treeline Sports in Norristown (http://treelinesports.org/). I haven't used them yet but I probably will the first time I need to. They charge $30 for an FFL transfer and even have a form you can fill out on their site to start the process. I emailed him a while back to check on this and there was no indication that he was not receptive to Internet transfers. I also stopped by there after King's on Saturday and picked up 3 lbs of powder. I am also considering buying a Mosin 91/30 there.

(Chester County)

Roger, Pat and the crew are simply the best. Don't be deceived by the small shop. If they don't stock a product, they order it and many times at a very competitive prices. The staff is ALWAYS sincere and attentive to their customers. The only problem are the lolly-gaggers who simply hang out for HOURS to talk, clog the store and distract the staff from transient customers. Hey, I can shoot the breeze with the best of 'em, but please don't monopolize Pat and Roger's time.

In the shadow of Cabela's, Wally World and smaller-sized "I can't believe you are bothering me with questions" stores, I am happy to spend my money at King's.
    * Stay classy, Capital City VIP Gimp *

(Warren County)

I just used Kings again tonight and if given my choice would do all my transfers there. Why would I go somewhere else and pay more money? How can you recommend a shop you've not used yourself? Curious as to your thought process there. Great service, very friendly/knowledgeable help and centrally located for alot of us PAFOA people.

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I was in there for the first time last weekend and enjoyed the visit. It's a little small and cramped, especially when there are about 10 guys shopping but everyone was friendly and prices on what I was looking at (primers, their cast bullets, manuals) were good. I wound up with 500 158 gr. .38/.357 heads and a Lee Modern Reloading 2nd edition.

As far as FFL transfers go they do have their prices/policy posted on their site:

http://www.kingshooters.com/firearms...f31ad72193721d

Basically it's $8.48 for PICS if you buy from them, $25 for a private FTF transfer, $40 for a used or auction Internet/Mail transfer, and 10% (minimum $40) for a new Internet/Mail transfer.

So while no one seems to have complaints about the store or the employees I don't think of this place as a viable FFL transfer shop.

If anyone near there is looking for a different FFL transfer option check out Treeline Sports in Norristown (http://treelinesports.org/). I haven't used them yet but I probably will the first time I need to. They charge $30 for an FFL transfer and even have a form you can fill out on their site to start the process. I emailed him a while back to check on this and there was no indication that he was not receptive to Internet transfers. I also stopped by there after King's on Saturday and picked up 3 lbs of powder. I am also considering buying a Mosin 91/30 there.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast