Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Cuomo: 'Conservative Republicans' should leave N.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by robert slabaugh View Post
    You do know that the South's fight for state's rights did include the right to keep owning slaves, right?
    Only until the 13th Amendment came into play.

In more recent times the "States Rights" issue was about Jim Crow. Point of Jim Crow was to keep wages down. Brutalize black folks so you can pay them less. Poor whites have to compete so they get less pay too.

When the Civil Rights movement began it was about ending Jim Crow.

Today others are being abused.

Gun owners are being subjected to special law enforcement scrutiny. "Safe Storage" puts their fourth Amendment rights aside. Their addresses are put into the papers. They can be pulled over for "driving while a gun owner". In some States they need a South African style "Pass" just to exercise their rights. Firearm Owner's ID. Illinois and New Jersey.

Gun control is the new Jim Crow. Andrew Cuomo and those of his Ilk are the new George Wallaces. Gun owners are "separate but equal", penalized because these lightweights lack the vision to manage violent crime, so they blame someone.

The real irony is the racist nature of gun control. The most stringent gun control measures are in urban areas, often the home to most black Americans. Which means that a double Apartheid is work in America, an Apartheid of Color and Status as a free citizen. The circle is complete - gun control began in the south to disarm blacks. Today gun control prevails in predominately black areas in order to disarm blacks.
    Last edited by GeneCC; January 19th, 2014 at 03:39 PM.

(Wayne County)

You do know that the South's fight for state's rights did include the right to keep owning slaves, right?
    And that problem was fixed. The same can be said for today, 47 million people depend upon the master the government for food. I have to ask my master if I can own a firearm. My master is looking into every little nok and cranny of our lives with the NSA. If we don't pay his tax we go to jail. Disobey your master today and see where you wind up. The IRS and tea party ring a bell.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Only until the 13th Amendment came into play.

In more recent times the "States Rights" issue was about Jim Crow. Point of Jim Crow was to keep wages down. Brutalize black folks so you can pay them less. Poor whites have to compete so they get less pay too.

When the Civil Rights movement began it was about ending Jim Crow.

Today others are being abused.

Gun owners are being subjected to special law enforcement scrutiny. "Safe Storage" puts their fourth Amendment rights aside. Their addresses are put into the papers. They can be pulled over for "driving while a gun owner". In some States they need a South African style "Pass" just to exercise their rights. Firearm Owner's ID. Illinois and New Jersey.

Gun control is the new Jim Crow. Andrew Cuomo and those of his Ilk are the new George Wallaces. Gun owners are "separate but equal", penalized because these lightweights lack the vision to manage violent crime, so they blame someone.

The real irony is the racist nature of gun control. The most stringent gun control measures are in urban areas, often the home to most black Americans. Which means that a double Apartheid is work in America, an Apartheid of Color and Status as a free citizen. The circle is complete - gun control began in the south to disarm blacks. Today gun control prevails in predominately black areas in order to disarm blacks.
    This is one of those states rights issues. Arizona, for instance, allows concealed carry without a license, permit, or any other damn piece of paper for anyone who is otherwise not prohibited. Sometimes this becomes problematic, as Jared Loughner lived two blocks from me in Tucson. Most everyone thought he should not have a gun except the state. Granted he was an exception, but most laws are for the exception, are they not? Even when everyone does what they should, bad things still happen. Lots of folks think the best way to avoid these problems is to take away the implement if you can't screen out every misuser. I personally do not believe in gun control, but sometimes bad actions make for bad laws. If Willie Sutton, Bonnie and Clyde, and Baby Face Nelson hadn't misused fully automatic weapons, we might still be able to buy them at the hardware store. Didn't mean to rant.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    And that problem was fixed. The same can be said for today, 47 million people depend upon the master the government for food. I have to ask my master if I can own a firearm. My master is looking into every little nok and cranny of our lives with the NSA. If we don't pay his tax we go to jail. Disobey your master today and see where you wind up. The IRS and tea party ring a bell.
    Somebody or somebody's representative voted for these things. Get a bunch of people together and change the damn law, and yes, expect to get some heat for it. MLK[we're honoring him tomorrow], Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony, Walter Reuther, JFK, Bobby, Lincoln, all paid in blood, sweat, and tears, along with anyone who ever led a movement. Run with the big dogs, or stay on the porch.

(Bucks County)

That phrase is generally associated with folks of a certain belief system.
    I've heard that phrase before but, pray tell, what exactly do these "folks" believe?

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Must be VERY HARD to be a Democrat gun owner. I know a few. They are often unhappy campers.

One Democrat I know, who voted for Obama, is a C&R collector who also collects and makes AK-47 clones. He sees nothing inconsistent with his hobby and the Democratic Party's continuous hostility towards "semi automatic assault weapons". One wonders what he will do when the next "Newtown" "causes reason to prevail" and he has to turn them all in?
    When I talk to "obama voters" as I call them, one consistent theme I see with them is a human coping mechanism called "denial". They always think it will be someone else to lose their gun, someone else to pay that tax, someone else to pay that cost for their "green" agenda, someone else to pay for their health insurance, someone else to pay the debt and of course nothing wrong with general search and seizure because they have nothing to hide.

The only way these people will learn is when it happens to them and they have to pay the bill. Of course by then it will be too late for the whole country.

the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.
    Actually he is correct. Get the hell out and let them have it.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    There is nothing extreme about Cruz other than he wants the government to obey the law, something which is very foreign to you.

As for our collective ability to get things done, you mean the Federal Government forcing me to do or not do things against my will in my personal life.

What do I want the federal government to force you to do against your will?
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    It won't be long before we are not welcome in any of the united States
    We need to stop sitting back and waiting for it. Instead we need to seek out this problem at its roots and dig it out, crush the seeds, and sow salt in its fields so it never grows again. See some of it in PA? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Westmoreland County)

This is one of those states rights issues. Arizona, for instance, allows concealed carry without a license, permit, or any other damn piece of paper for anyone who is otherwise not prohibited. Sometimes this becomes problematic, as Jared Loughner lived two blocks from me in Tucson. Most everyone thought he should not have a gun except the state. Granted he was an exception, but most laws are for the exception, are they not?
    I think anyone who can't handle firearms has no business driving a car, riding a bike, being around gasoline or propane or being allowed to be in the Sears Tools Department. Jared Loughner had no business being out in society. He needed help, probably needed to be put away for a while.

If Mr. Loughner had been incarcerated against his will he would have a Federal Disqualification to own a firearm. The rest of us would be left alone.

Even when everyone does what they should, bad things still happen. Lots of folks think the best way to avoid these problems is to take away the implement if you can't screen out every misuser. I personally do not believe in gun control, but sometimes bad actions make for bad laws.
    I'm not sure it's "lots", just enough of them. A lot of "them" have a lot of money, attitudes and elitist attitudes.

The biggest enemy of firearms is rust. Then politicians. Lastly wearing out.

If Willie Sutton, Bonnie and Clyde, and Baby Face Nelson hadn't misused fully automatic weapons, we might still be able to buy them at the hardware store. Didn't mean to rant.
    If FDR's Attorney General, Harold Cummings, didn't need something for the "untouchables" to do after the Democrats ended Prohibition we wouldn't have had the NFA of 1934. If the NRA "Representative Karl Frederick wasn't a freaking elitist the NRA might have backed off on machineguns.

Most of the firearms used by those criminals were stolen. A Thompson Submachinegun cost $900.00 in 1934 Dollars. Today's Dollars about $16,000. It was a lot easier to just steal them.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast