Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Big boy pants

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Big boy pants

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I'm kinda low on cash. Well, for my comfort level anyway. Work is good and I've been hitting it hard. After all the weekends, no days off and late nights( left the jobsite at 11pm Monday ) I want something.
    I found a great deal on a 1911. The responsible thing to do is pass. But I really waaant it!

What do others do in similar situations? Pass on a good deal and regret it or buy and feel guilty for whatever reason?

I always have a hard time buying for myself. I have had practical seared into my bones.
    Are all of the rest of your bills paid up and you owe no one? If yes, buy the damned thing already.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Are all of the rest of your bills paid up and you owe no one? If yes, buy the damned thing already.
    Too late I spent the money on hookers and cocaine

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Too late I spent the money on hookers and cocaine
    I will have bad dreams about what kind of hooker you would get after buying the coke with that kind of money.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I know you passed but I'll offer my gun buying advice. Unless you're paying retail for a new one, the money is still there, it's just not as liquid as it was. Unlike most things we buy, the guns are a fairly stable investment. I know guys that only buy guns that they know they'll break even on or better. I almost exclusively buy guns I know have a profit margin, being that is my business. My wife approves of my buying because she's seen me sell enough to know they're at least as good as money in a CD. Hopefully, that will help with the guilt you feel in buying a gun because you want it. Buy carefully and know that it's readily converted back into cash with minimal effort.
    I agree with Uncle Jumbo here. Guns are relatively liquid (depending on your asking price, a post on the classifieds can get them snapped up here in a week or two. Even as little as a single weekend). If you get a good enough deal on it in the first place, you'll probably break even too. Hell - even if you lose $50 on it in the small chance you must sell, it's no biggie.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234