Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: Police Use Taser on Texas Pastor

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    well yeah everyone knows that im just wondering how they weren't affected

(Lackawanna County)

'Taser' is a brand name. They use a lower voltage and current specifically because they have the wire leads; stun guns have a pair of exposed terminals and have a higher 'unloaded' voltage, which is why the behave like a van der graaf generator when you kick them off with no load (victim) attached.

The voltage drops significantly, as does the current, when you put a conductor (human skin) across the terminals.

300kV is intended for cattle, by the way.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Schuylkill County)

Maybe I am weird I have been tasered with a police taser, dumbass local cop friend of mine thought it would be funny I didnt think it was. I have been hit with a baton behind the leg and sprayed with OC spray at the academy to this day being tasered to me is far worst. I never felt pain like that in my life and I hope I never will again.But anyway the paster should have never interfered with the officer in the first place. If I was in his shoes (the officer) I would done that exact same thing. In my opinion devoted people in a setting like that tend to be overzealous and can be unruley, and will protect the one they see to be their conduit to god.

(Lackawanna County)

I'll finish my jack now, and then go lie down by my dish.

The taser depends on the resistance of the body that is being hit to complete the circuit; it has a resistor internally that is in parallel with the wires.

In a parallel circuit, the bulk of the current will flow through the resistor with the least resistance. The resistor internally is selected to approximate the resistance of the bulk of the population. roughly 97% of the people on earth have a resistance that is a bit lower than the internal resistor, and they will get zapped.

Roughly 2˝ percent have a significantly HIGHER resistance; they get either a little tingle or nothing at all.

Roughly ˝ of 1% have a significantly LOWER resistance; these people will really suffer (and may die) if tased.

The device is designed to limit the current to only 2 micro amperes or so, by design, but if you are one of the unlucky few, you may see 4 ľA, which in some conditions can cause heart fibrillation and death.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234