Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Norristown Police Officer shoots self in leg

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    The safety system on a glock is don't pull the trigger if you don't want it to go off.
    Not a Glock fan, but not because they are deemed unsafe by some people. I agree with you, sir. BTW, it happens with 1911's...my preferred "if I have to fight" handgun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE (25 seconds into the vid)

edit: just saw this vid is already posted in thread. Oh well...an encore showing of '1911 leg'.
    Last edited by harold63; April 28th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

I saw that guy on Tosh.o during a web redemption segment. Quite funny.

I've purposely trained myself on the draw to not put my finger inside the trigger guard until the weapon is pointed at the target. While this may add a few extra miliseconds and I'm still working on it to improve on pulling the trigger I really don't want to shoot myself in the leg or foot.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post

If you depend on a manual safety to keep you from shooting yourself you have other issues that need to be addressed.
    Somehow I find that sort of a moronic statement. Preferring either or a thumb or grip safety means one has issues?
    I'm guessing you are the firearms training officer at a large metro police force with literally hundreds of thousands of rounds down range.

(Montgomery County)

The funny part was when the guy in video says after shooting himself in the leg his "training took over". He called his parents.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    The funny part was when the guy in video says after shooting himself in the leg his "training took over". He called his parents.
    I like how guys like him are so detailed in their description of their weapons and anything related to their weapon such as their holster. I see it all the time on these forums.

I'll see something like "so I was conceal carrying with my triple retention level 15AKB super duty omega monster holster with my M&P 50 cal 1911 serial number 978630 short barreled 8 shooter revolver at the 03:29 position..."(this is an obvious exaggeration) or something along those lines. I guess because it comes off as bragging and it is usually in part of a story and not a review or description of said firearm or holster or tactic or whatever.

(Montgomery County)

Ive practiced drawing my glock (unloaded of course) a hellllll of a lot and never once have I come close to depressing the trigger while drawing, even when I am trying to draw at a very fast speed like 1 second or less. I practice drawing so that my finger goes into the gaurd after I cleared my body but before the gun becomes pointed at the target. Id be more worried with a 1911 that I would let a round off by accident when drawing at such a quick speed then I would with a glock.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    That's why a PD gun has at least the stock 5.5# trigger. Nothing "extremely sensitive" going on there.
    Jules
    He was qualifying with his off duty pistol.

http://m.timesherald.com/therald/db_...tguid=5j58J5lZ
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Ive practiced drawing my glock (unloaded of course) a hellllll of a lot and never once have I come close to depressing the trigger while drawing, even when I am trying to draw at a very fast speed like 1 second or less.
    Add some stress and negligence and you can see people do some wacky things, but that's why we train. I hope that no one has to deal with it a situation like that it does happen. Also the biggest thing I worry about with a glock is the reholster not the draw. I don't want my jacket/shirt/something to get in the trigger guard then when I jam it back into my holster bang.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    I like how guys like him are so detailed in their description of their weapons and anything related to their weapon such as their holster. I see it all the time on these forums.

I'll see something like "so I was conceal carrying with my triple retention level 15AKB super duty omega monster holster with my M&P 50 cal 1911 serial number 978630 short barreled 8 shooter revolver at the 03:29 position..."(this is an obvious exaggeration) or something along those lines. I guess because it comes off as bragging and it is usually in part of a story and not a review or description of said firearm or holster or tactic or whatever.
    Very funny. And what was that ugly contraption? What happened to the good old fashioned holster we knew? If you need to press buttons and pull levers to draw your side arm, you don't ave a holster anymore. What's next? A pin?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Very funny. And what was that ugly contraption? What happened to the good old fashioned holster we knew? If you need to press buttons and pull levers to draw your side arm, you don't ave a holster anymore. What's next? A pin?
    in the Air Force they issued us a string to attach to your gun so if it somehow leaves the triple retention holster we had and wasn't by your hand it wouldn't be far from you. Apparently the Army used these for handguns. I guess they were losing them somehow. They weren't mandatory for us fortunately.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast