Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Some interesting facts about Barack Obama

On Obama's website (as a Senator, not the campaign sites) there is a contact feature ( you can email his DC office) I recently emailed him saying I would like him to consider supporting 2d ammendment issues, and to recognise the right of self defence. I wonder if he would notice if he got a few hundred such messages....

FWIW, I think he will win it all and I believe he won't be the terrible president a lot of right wingers are predicting.

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    If it's true then It would be encoraging.. He recognizes that people have the right to defend themselves..
    WTF? Are you guys smokin crack?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    WTF? Are you guys smokin crack?

Ok, i'll admit that I'm hoping against the wind here..

But lets be honest for a second..

Unless McCain can pull an amazing upset, and Democrats pull defeat out of the jaws of victory (which they've done an embarrisingly amount) A Democrat is going to win the General Election.

You, me, or anyone with a brain does not want Hillary to win.. Not because of what she believes, not because of how corrupt she is (which is alot heh) It's because she won't compromise with people who disagree with her.. She's stubborn, vengeful, and can carry a grudge longer that elephants would long forget. It would also mean that we'd be looking at 4 more years of nonstop gov't infighting BS while people die and the country goes down the tubes.. It's getting really friggin old.

Obama (I hope and pray) while yes he may WANT to do a thing, doesn't mean he'll ignore that a huge amount of people who support the 2nd amendment. He's studied Consitutional law, and yes I know he's supported Anti-gun bills in his home state, that doesn't directly transfer to "he's going to take our guns" threat on a nationwide scale.. There is a huge gap between state's rights to pass a law and a nationwide bill that challenges the consitution.

You also have to look at the political capital he'd have to spend in order to act on any anti-gun laws he'd support.. It would be a HUGE fight in congress, and he'd spend all the good will and energy that he'll have from election. Which mean he wouldn't be able to use it on more important issues.

All i'm saying, is that I highly doubt he's a huge risk to the 2nd amendment in his first 4 years.. After that maybe vote for his challenger and the Republicans get gather themselves up again into something resembling what their party used to stand for..

So in closing, Is Obama anti-Gun? Yes of course he is.. The real question is can and will he make it an a serious issue in the next 4 years (as opposed to Hillary) I doubt it. I could be wrong, but thats the chances you take, and if it does, then you fight that battle when it occurs.

All I know is that the man has energized young people and his own party like nobody has done in a very very long time.

Let me guess Obama will say he supports sportsmen. I can't wait to hear that one.

If he ends up with the nomination it will be interesting to see if the energetic young voters he attracts will actually get their buts out of the chair and vote. I’m talking about the young twenty somethings with big mouths that never vote.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Call me crazy but I think I would rather have Hillary than Obama. With her it would be easier to block in Congress or at least slow her down. With him I fear many would go along with whatever the hell he wants to do (I say that because other than "hope" & "change" he is a blank slate).

Here is my prediction (which is the worst possible outcome for us):

Its going to be a Hillary / Obama ticket. Hillary in for 8 and Obama for the next 8.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Let me guess Obama will say he supports sportsmen. I can't wait to hear that one.

If he ends up with the nomination it will be interesting to see if the energetic young voters he attracts will actually get their buts out of the chair and vote. I’m talking about the young twenty somethings with big mouths that never vote.
    They've actually been voting believe it or not.. I think it's almost double what it has been in years past.. if not more in some states.. I know Iowa saw a ridiculous increase in young voters during it's process.

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    They've actually been voting believe it or not.. I think it's almost double what it has been in years past.. if not more in some states.. I know Iowa saw a ridiculous increase in young voters during it's process.
    Yeah I know, but right now "It's Like A Big Obama Party Duuude" So it's fashionable and cool. If he can keep his luster he may be OK, but if not it may be a toss up between voting and a kegger.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Let me simplify the matter. As an Arab-American whenever someone has used the term "towelhead" in front of me, a fight has soon followed. It's the same reaction as when a Black man is called a "******". End of fucking story. Anyone who doesn't understand that is not just a racist, but also either dishonest or plain stupid. I wonder if "bogey" is really stupid or ballsy enough to use the term in front of an Arab, or if the safety of the internet allows him to make slurs he wouldn't dare utter in another context, then engage in absolutely ludicrous and dishonest defenses of them.
    e\d you seem to have a bad temper, maybe you shouldnt own a firearm?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    e\d you seem to have a bad temper, maybe you shouldnt own a firearm?
    You seem to be racist, so maybe you shouldn't. Who knows when you'll go shoot up some towelheads, after all?

Nice way to deflect the point.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    With all do respect...I'd just like to remind everyone that the United states is at war! It seems no different then when we called the enemy Krauts, Japs or Gooks. Sure there were Japanese-Americans and German-Americans, but our past generations did the same thing back then by stereotyping an entire race, religion or culture into one generic slur. I don't agree with it either but my hatred toward the insurgents and terrorists that are causing harm to our American troops in the middle east region have led me to use slurs like that also! Fact is we like to trash talk the enemy! I am not condoning the use of slurs, but I hope my post may shed some light on why people do it. I used to manage a night club and I have been called everything in the book when bouncing a gang banger...honky, cracker, whitey...etc. It didn't phase me...call me what ever you want, I have broad shoulders.
    So we get a blank check for racism whenever we're at war? So next time we bomb Sudan I get an excuse for calling people ******s? If we get into a conflict with Cuba or Venezuela, calling people spic or beaner will be acceptable?

Well, seems like we're always at war somewhere around the world, overtly or covertly, and it normally involves brown people, so I suppose I can start letting the racial slurs fly until our government adopts a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Okay, in all fairness I did read you don't condone it, but it does seem like you're willing to go easier on people's racism when there's a war on, and I just can't agree with that. Racial hatred is wrong regardless of context.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast