Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: What is Easton really like?

Quote Originally Posted by atm3535 View Post
    I just moved here recently in the palmer township. Very nice area. I moved into the Woodmont place at Palmer apartments. Brand new apartments and great area. Everything you could think of is within a 20-30 minute drive. I am into mountain biking and there are some decent trails around the area. I usually travel a little to get to the nicer areas, but still enjoyable. There are also a couple local gunshops around. Heritage guild being the nicest of them. Very very nice and clean shop. Friendly staff, and reasonable prices. The range time is a little steap, but if you are a member, you shoot for free, and friends can come for half the price!

As far as the city of easton, I stay away from it. I only go into town for the local bike shop. Even 10-15 minutes outside the city seems like a nice place....so far. I still want to check out some local gun clubs and shooting ranges. Gets kind of boring always shooting indoors.
    Hit Cutters Bike shop in S Bethlehen. He can turn you on to the "real" trails.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Hit Cutters Bike shop in S Bethlehen. He can turn you on to the "real" trails.
    Awesome man. Thanks, I will definately check them out.

(Monroe County)

Awesome man. Thanks, I will definately check them out.
    There aren't too many real shops left. Cutters for road and mountainbke, Larry's in Beth for freestyle and BMX and Genisis was great in the day when Tomias was the original hippie and set new biking trends in the valley.

I just moved here recently in the palmer township. Very nice area. I moved into the Woodmont place at Palmer apartments. Brand new apartments and great area. Everything you could think of is within a 20-30 minute drive. I am into mountain biking and there are some decent trails around the area. I usually travel a little to get to the nicer areas, but still enjoyable. There are also a couple local gunshops around. Heritage guild being the nicest of them. Very very nice and clean shop. Friendly staff, and reasonable prices. The range time is a little steap, but if you are a member, you shoot for free, and friends can come for half the price!

As far as the city of easton, I stay away from it. I only go into town for the local bike shop. Even 10-15 minutes outside the city seems like a nice place....so far. I still want to check out some local gun clubs and shooting ranges. Gets kind of boring always shooting indoors.
    I've toured Woodmont and was pretty sold on it. If all goes well I would like to move into there soon. How is living in Woodmont, specifically the neighbors and the management?

(Northampton County)

There aren't too many real shops left. Cutters for road and mountainbke, Larry's in Beth for freestyle and BMX and Genisis was great in the day when Tomias was the original hippie and set new biking trends in the valley.
    You have to check out Cycle Fitters in Forks Twp.

http://www.cyclefitters.com/

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tglee View Post
    You have to check out Cycle Fitters in Forks Twp.

http://www.cyclefitters.com/
    I actually forgot about that shop since it relatively new to Forks. My kid said he is the real deal not just a retailer. Marty's in Hacketstwn is a good one too.

These days if it ain't a V-twin I don't ride it but my middle son still has a garage full of BMX, dirt jumpers, mountain bikes and his race bike downhiller.

(Northampton County)

Easton: Across the river from Jersey, floods often, tons of crime, had their SWAT team's pee-pee's slapped for some serious ass-clownery, half good, half bad. It's like that scene in the Lion King if you're from the Lehigh Valley though.

Mufasa: Simba, everything the light touches is the Lehigh Valley.
    Simba: But what about that dark, shadowy place?
    Mufasa: That is Easton, you must never go there, Simba.
    Popichak is probably trolling this for his next story...

Action Wheels still on Broad St ? That used to be the spot. (BMX)

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Action Wheels still on Broad St ? That used to be the spot. (BMX)
    Oops I called Action Wheels by the owners name Larry. I think he's still there. I knew him when he started in the Township near Young's Drug store.

OP, I wouldn't necessarily live in Easton proper but it's not that bad depending on your point of reference.

(Northampton County)

I've lived in Easton about 4 years now and I was pretty hesitant coming from a very nice part NJ because I heard all the Easton "horror stories".

We live across the street from the court house We have had only 2-3 incidents since moving here.

Our first year here someone slashed the tired on about 10 cars on our street. I was working that night and they skipped my wife's car.

One little kid about 8 or 9 threw a large rock and hit the bumper of my car. Little shit did it on purpose and all the adults wanted to "protect their own" and "didn't know" who he was even though he was playing with their kids when it happened.

Now that the low income apartment was totally evicted, the worst we get is a car with a loud stereo going down the street or skunks and raccoons in the garbage cans.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast