Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: I payed $3.79 for gas today.......

I think they are going to change the mixture of the gasoline next month for the summer months.

No telling how much that will cost us this year.

Why did you resort to putting octane booster in your tank? Was your engine knocking or you tried it to improve your mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    I think they are going to change the mixture of the gasoline next month for the summer months.

No telling how much that will cost us this year.

Why did you resort to putting octane booster in your tank? Was your engine knocking or you tried it to improve your mileage?
    I was getting "sputter". Felt like the car was ready to stall and really had to push it for the car to preform. I've never had an issue like that with this car. After putting in the "dry gas, octane booster" it stopped.

The engine only "knocks" if I use the 87, and the car doesn't preform well and the gas gets sucked up really quick. With the 89, the mileage sucks and the car just sucks it up. Also the car appears sluggish. The car is 10 years old, and is an 8 cylinder. I expect maximum performance from a large car.

I will continue to use the higher octane. I know it costs a little more, but, the car performs well using it. Using cheaper gas would cause the car to perform poorly and I would be living at the gas pump.

I've always driven an 8 cylinder car. I like the giddy-up if I need it. I know it costs more to feed it, but, I am willing to pay a little more for maximum performance.

I'll just adjust my driving schedules. I'll stop the running out just for milk or bread.

This whole situation sucks for everyone. When gas and diesel prices start to climb, so does everything else. We are just going to pay pay pay everywhere.

I lucked out leaving Philly on saturday paid 3.69. Coming back from MD today I paid 3.79. I recently read on MSN news that there are two cities in the US that have 4.00 gas . My wife and I have tried to combine trips and make every trip count . We have saved some on the gas but the increases over the last few weeks have eaten into those savings. I would prefer a new car but I wont buy a car until I move out of Philly, right now it would be another 1% on top of the 6 % sales tax.

er2006

(Lackawanna County)

$3.75 at Sheetz Dickson City. Here's something else fuel related

Dear Valued Jevic Customer:
    I regret to inform you that Jevic Transportation Inc. will be discontinuing operations. The current high fuel costs, economic downturn, increasing insurance costs, and tightening credit markets have made this decision necessary. Jevic will stop providing pickup service effective Monday 5/19/08. However, we will continue operating to deliver all freight within our system prior to closing.
    Operations and Customer Service:
    Jevic will not be accepting pickup requests after Friday 5/16/08 and the web and EDI pickup functions will be disabled.
    We will continue to provide Customer Service through the wind down period at 888-Go-Jevic. We ask that you please utilize the automated voice response system as much as possible as the number of calls is expected to be high and there will be longer hold times.
    The Jevic website will remain active and will be updated during the period as well and that should be your primary point of contact for tracing and needed documentation.
    We greatly appreciate the loyalty of our many Jevic customers. It has been our pleasure to provide solutions to your transportation needs over these many years. We are committed to providing the prompt delivery of your shipments in our system and professional customer service for all your needs during this process. Thank you again.
    Sincerely,
    David H. Gorman
    President and CEO
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(York County)

Gas prices will continue to go up. Oil is a finite resource and other economies are booming. Our nation has a lot of problems because of our legit needs to truck-haul goods around the country but we are also pigs for requiring 400hp 4000lb cars. (myself guilty until last year) We all have to cut down on demand and these higher prices are a blessing to get people to start thinking about how to cut back.

I got rid of both of my 20-25mpg cars. I got a motorcycle for myself (48mpg) and I bought my wife a Mazda 3 (30mpg). I still have a truck for hauling or bad weather but I don't use it much.

I like Ron Paul's response as to what we should do about gas prices... "Nothing!"
    Get the Dems to back off on safety standards and push automakers to make lighter, more fuel efficient cars. We should have learned that lesson a long time ago.

<steps off soap box, tapes a target to it, and takes it outside to shoot it>

Quote Originally Posted by er2006 View Post
    I lucked out leaving Philly on saturday paid 3.69. Coming back from MD today I paid 3.79. I recently read on MSN news that there are two cities in the US that have 4.00 gas . My wife and I have tried to combine trips and make every trip count . We have saved some on the gas but the increases over the last few weeks have eaten into those savings. I would prefer a new car but I wont buy a car until I move out of Philly, right now it would be another 1% on top of the 6 % sales tax.

er2006
    I spoke to my cousin today, she lives in Southern California, she told me she paid 4.17 for 93, and the 87 was 4.02. Diesel is 4.89.

I got gas in my town today, Quick Fill. Paid 4.05 for 93.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    This whole situation sucks for everyone. When gas and diesel prices start to climb, so does everything else. We are just going to pay pay pay everywhere.
    Oh no.. it doesn't suck for the environmentalist Dems or the wildlife in Alaska. They keep billions of barrels of supply protected so life can be one big Disney after school special. Oh that's right, those specials never show the consequences of saving a spotted owl or a one-eyed tree frog.

(Chester County)

im up in Danbury, CT for work for the next week. been here since last sunday. gas is anywhere from 4.09 to 4.25........for regular!!!!

o and there isnt a gun store anywhere. they must be so close to NY that communism is seeping over.

(Warren County)

Has anyone heard that you could buy a gallon of gas in 1964 for a quarter and could buy the same gallon today with the same silver quarter?

I was curious and did the math a few minutes ago before I saw this thread.

Here is what I found.

In 1964 a gallon of gas actually cost 30 cents. Today in Warren a gallon of gas costs $3.78.

A silver 1964 quarter weighs 6.25 grams and is worth $3.73 at todays silver spot of $17.

EDIT: sorry the total weight of the quarter is 6.25 grams. Silver content is 5.625 grams (90%). And a troy oz is 31.1 grams instead of 28.34 grams per regular ounce. Recalculated value of a silver quarter is $3.07.
    Last edited by J8300; May 19th, 2008 at 11:56 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BFit70 View Post
    im up in Danbury, CT for work for the next week. been here since last sunday. gas is anywhere from 4.09 to 4.25........for regular!!!!
    Ha my brother lives just outside of Concord NH. He took the bus into Boston to get a flight out at 7:00 am. The attendant he spoke to on the phone about the bus ride said be here by 3:30 am to get a seat.
    The bus was full at 4:15 in the morning. You see it has gotten so expensive to live in Massachusetts people are moving to NH to save money. These working stiffs are taking a bus seventy miles into Boston every day. The people he talked to on the bus said it was well worth it considering what it costs to live around Boston.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast