Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sig Mosquito?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sig Mosquito?

I have a sig mosquito. So far its had about 1.5k rounds. 200 cci mini mags, 250 remington golden bullet, and the rest federal bulk pack. i didnt have any problems at all with the golden bullet. occasional failure to feed on the rest. I found that the majority of the problems were from how the gun was being held. As i was shooting, the first few mags would have one or two fail to feeds. then it would start feeding better until there was nearly non. when i let my friend shoot he was getting loads of fail to feed after I was having none. changed his grip and it worked perfect.

over all it is a fun gun for the range. It goes bang and acts like a bigger pistol with an exaggerated recoil and flash for a .22 its cheap and fun.

(Lehigh County)

My skeeter runs well. I have only used CCI Mini Mags and Fed Bulk pack in it though. It is pretty accurate and is fun to shoot.

YMMV
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Berks County)

I have the winter camo model and I ran 600 rounds of cci mini mag and stingers and had No problems.Yesterday I ran about 7 mags of federal flawless then I started getting problem after problem I'm guess Federal bulk is super dirty I'm going back out tomorrow now that I cleaned it.
    It runs perfect on CCI ammo.There is some ok reviews on youtube.It's a great Training pistol not really a great target shooter.50 yards is tuff they all hit the paper but were not tight the sights have a wide margin for error.I haven't gotten a chance to buy the scope mount yet. The sig comes with one mag and two extra front sights,you can ajust the rear sights,You can lock the gun with a key they give you,it comes with two recoil springs one strong one light.I love mine.Magazine's are on sale at midland usa for $32.There plastic Some people say the older one's where metal.I can't even tell what mine is it feels metal but the magnet don't stick and it has a plastic like seem.O and the trigger is fine it's like 4 pounds.Double is around 12 pounds but who shoots .22 on double action?
    Last edited by ninvin21; May 7th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I have a mosquito. My mag is definitely metal. Mine has failure to feeds as well. They seem to jam. what did you do to change your grip?

(Northumberland County)

Simply put
    old skeeters = bad ( started at the begining of the thread and noticed that is was started in 2006)
    new skeeters = good

I attribute many of the FTE and FTF I get with me Mosquito to cheap ammo. IF I run mini mags, or Federal Lightning (not bulk pack) it runs great, It really likes stingers and they up the fun factor for sure. If you ask me the failures with this gun are 90% ammo 10% gun.

I just purchased one and put a hundred rounds through it with no failures of any kind. CCI minmag, stingers and federal bulk. But a lady friend tried it and had no failures with the first 2 but complete failure with the federal. It seems the CCI were more tolerant of her limp wristing. And the weak spring was in the gun. This gun also has problems when it gets dirty, and apparently doesn't take but a few hundred rounds to become an issue. I love the feel of the weapon. Really fits the hand well, just hope it continues to perform. I am completely satisfied so far.

(Allegheny County)

Mine has eaten tons of different ammo and I have only had issues with remington golden bullets, but they are shit. My sample of one Mosquito is just fine. It had hiccups when I got it, but it functions for what it needs to do.

If you want a service pistol style .22, I would consider it. If you want a .22 semi auto, I wouldnt start with a Ruger, for millions of reasons.

The metal on the slide doesnt bother me, it functions adequately as it is. We arent shooting .454 out of it, it is a .22.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Lehigh County)

Mine shoots great (actually was just shooting it about an hour ago). I purchased it at the beginning of the year, and it already has ~10k rounds through it. The first 1000 or so were CCI minimags to break it in (using the lighter spring). After that, I started trying different stuff. Rem golden bullets (the ones that I bought anyway) will FTE all day (causing all types of jamming issues). I actually tried to shoot some away today... and got too frustrated and just put them away. That being said, my mosquito hasn't been cleaned in over 1,500 rounds (put through it in the last 2 or so weeks)... I ran a box of federal automatch through it after the golden bullets today and not a single problem. I also ran a box of 50 CCI SV through it after the AM... again no problems. It eats a steady diet of automatch and federal bulk packs from walmart (the 550 for $18 ones). Occasionally I have a FTF with the bulk; however, it always fires with the DA pull / second strike.

The FTE problems with the GBs are the most anoying as you end up having to drop the mag / clear the jam. They cause this with almost 100 reliability every mag. Everything else... shoots great

ive fired another 1500 rounds through mine all CCI MINI MAGS and not a single failure,its a cool lil gun.
    ive noticed not everyone strips and cleans after every use,i clean all firearms after every use maybe these guns like to be clean?
    what lasers are people using on these,either a single laser or a laser/torch combo?i cannot find anything to fit atm
    cheers

I really don't understand the point of a .22 that needs specific high velocity ammo to function. What's the point? The whole idea for me was cheap practice. You might as well shoot 9mm. If I shot a Sig and wanted to practice with a .22 that functioned the same I would just buy a .22 conversion kit. I bought a Browning Buckmark new for $325 and have not had any problems in over 8k rounds. Sure it has a misfire every once in a while but I shoot the cheapest ammo I can find and have never had issue with any brand. Never changed any parts, polished anything, rarely clean it and still using the original factory mag. Awesome gun. Buy this, ruger or High Standard if you want a good semi .22.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234