Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: High speed internet near Loysville

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Are you able to look and see what cellular band it's connecting to? If it's a higher frequency band on 5G that would explain the issue, higher frequency doesn't reach as far but generally offers better speeds.

If weak signal is the culprit look into a Parabolic Grid antenna - https://www.amazon.com/Griddy-Parabo...08Z671T9P?th=1

Back at my old house I used a Parabolic grid on Verizon's LTE network, went from pretty much no signal to a 5 bar signal.
    T Mobile's problem is that their gateway prioritizes the 5G network. So if it sees a 5G signal AT ALL it uses that one even if a stronger LTE signal is present.

The tower is at the edge of its range from me. So it works.... sometimes. But even when it's not a strong enough signal to get a solid internet connection it's still visible to the gateway so it ignores the three other LTE towers with better signals.

It's a massive design flaw in there gateway firmware. I have talked to EVERYONE about this right up to the CEO's office. As soon as the upgraded to 5G on 1 of 3 towers in the area kthe furthest one away from me) it borked the whole system up. And T Mobile has no plans to upgrade the other towers in the planned future.

Tell me more about this antenna? How do you hook it up to the gateway? There is no port.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: High speed internet near Loysville

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Sorry about that, but see if the info/offer in post #11 is still viable.
    no need for apology! sent PM we'll what comes back!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123