Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: I want to start collecting non-resident permits like they're pokemon

I am applying for the AZ license and here is their initial response from my request for an information packet...
    An application packet will be mailed today.
    Please be advised that the Pennsylvania Concealed Weapons Permit/License is not
    an acceptable form of proof of firearm's training, however the Pennsylvania hunting license is acceptable.
    No proof that you ever shot anything, just a hunting license

(Northampton County)

Default Re: I want to start collecting non-resident permits like they're pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You might consider being a little more practical about your "collection." Florida, Utah, and AZ all cover similar states. There would be no reason to get all three and little reason to get two of them.

Are you trying to get as many states as possible or as many redundant pieces of plastic as possible?

NV has not been mentioned and also requires in-person application. I think it might require training done in the state.
    Well I figured if they all accepted the same training, I could just knock all 3 of them out at once. It would be nice to carry in as many states as possible. I've never really looked at this reciprocity stuff until today so forgive my ignorance/excitement!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    I also have a WA Concealed Pistol License which is very easy to get...

except for one thing. You must apply in person...they will not accept applications by mail, although they do send you the CPL when/if you're approved.
    any reason for the WA license unless you lived there or go there often?

doesn't look like it adds any more reciprocity to the list than when you have the PA and AZ license.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

i want a maryland permit

(Allegheny County)

im getting the az permit because i can never find the right time to take a utah course. i spend a fair amount of time in ohio and i want something to cover me there.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    any reason for the WA license unless you lived there or go there often?

doesn't look like it adds any more reciprocity to the list than when you have the PA and AZ license.
    I did have some relatives there and applied for the CPL when I was out there last year helping them move back to PA.

I just figured while I was there, WTF, might as well get it since it was easy. Walked in, gave them the app. that I had already filled out, had prints taken (no photo required) and had the CPL in my mailbox a couple weeks later.

WA does have reciprocity with OH which is what I was concerned mainly about, since I do have relatives there and go there at times. I know, AZ works in OH also, but if for any reason AZ would drop OH, I'd still have a backup with the WA (and vice versa)

(Montgomery County)

And BTW, prints for AZ do not need to be done by a LEO. Anyone who can roll a good set of prints will be acceptable... even a guy parked in a truck on a street in Philly

Joe Doe is the man!

OP - I got NH first b/c it required only a copy of my PA LTCF (basically got it as a backup LTCF here in PA). Also, the NH application asks if you've ever been denied anywhere, and I was being prudent in applying there first, just in case AZ denied me for some reason (like shittily-done fingerprints or something).

AZ was next up - b/c it gave me Ohio and opened up the same states (mostly, anyhow) as UT, FL, etc...

So I'm good for now w/ just those 3 (I don't need the NH, but hell, I already got it)

Lots of good guys on here who can and will help you out w/ advice and guidance!

Regards,

Bones

(Bucks County)

I did have some relatives there and applied for the CPL when I was out there last year helping them move back to PA.

I just figured while I was there, WTF, might as well get it since it was easy. Walked in, gave them the app. that I had already filled out, had prints taken (no photo required) and had the CPL in my mailbox a couple weeks later.

WA does have reciprocity with OH which is what I was concerned mainly about, since I do have relatives there and go there at times. I know, AZ works in OH also, but if for any reason AZ would drop OH, I'd still have a backup with the WA (and vice versa)

and that right there is the reason to get multiple...even if redundant. Reciprocity agreements can change at any time...

(Delaware County)

that's what I figured. I need to get the ball rolling and apply for my AZ license. my parents live close to Delaware and I hate having to disarm if we happen to be going over the state line.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

I might get UT at some point in the future, but it seems like more of a hassle, taking the special class, getting a photo and then waiting quite a while to get the actual permit.

For now, I am happy with my PA, AZ, WA, MD and NJ licenses/permits

Of course I don't have MD or NJ.

Just seeing if you were paying attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123