Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Maryland carry permit

In MD money is more important than people's lives ( PUKE!).

Boy did you hit the nail ever so squarely on the head!!! And what kind of house you live in, car you drive, etc. etc. etc.......

(York County)

Thanks for everyone's replies so far. I am starting to lean towards giving it a shot. Besides, these days $112 isn't really going to get me much ammo or be a lot towards another gun so what the hell. The money isn't the issue - hell I'd pay $1,112 if that's what it took and I knew it was highly unlikely to be denied. But since it's highly unlikely to be issued a permit, it's kinda like a slap in the face to hand over money to the Communists. Maybe that's the hardest part for me to swallow. I wish i could just stay out of MD altogether but at this point in my life that's not going to be able to happen. I'll keep everyone posted if I decide to go for it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Default Re: Castle Doctrine Law

Quote Originally Posted by hurley1718 View Post
    I had to watch a video last year before I got my gun and it was stated in the video that MD does in fact have the Castle Doctrine. Just going by what I had to watch to obtain my gun in Commie MD.
    yeah I saw the same video years ago, first with a guy in big dorky glasses explaining how to clear handguns and revolvers, then with a lawyer explaining laws.

There is no "Castle Doctrine" law per se, but half (or more) of the legal system is based on legal precedent and case law. If the majority of cases are decided as if a Castle Doctrine were in effect - even though no actual law exists - it is effectively a law.

If you are into tax law it's essentially the same principle where some people have gotten off saying there is no law forcing a citizen to pay Federal Income Tax, but because the HUGE BULK of cases have been decided in favor of forcing people to pay - that's how most cases challenging the legality of the tax are ruled.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bighornjd View Post
    ...I am starting to lean towards giving it a shot. ...
    Good luck, and I mean that sincerely. You may have seen this "tale of woe", if not it is worth reading before you waste your time. The whole State of Maryland seems to have a victim's mindset.

I encourage you all to support the people in MD, the MPFO runs some great gun raffles too.

Maryland Shall Issue

MARYLANDERS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
    Archie Gates: No unnecessary shots, Conrad, 'cause we know what they do.
    Conrad Vig: Make infected pockets full of bile, sir.
    Archie Gates: That's right, Conrad, that's what they do.

(Montgomery County)

Once I got my New Jersey non-resident permit, my Maryland non-resident was in the mailbox a week or two later.

HA!!! I crack myself up.
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Well one day I will legally OC on Mt Royal Ave in Baltimore, from somewheres about North Ave to the old train station building. I suppose I will be really old and wrinkly though, probably OCing with a walker...probably drop dead afterwards too.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Well one day I will legally OC on Mt Royal Ave in Baltimore, from somewheres about North Ave to the old train station building. I suppose I will be really old and wrinkly though, probably OCing with a walker...probably drop dead afterwards too.
    Boy you are living in a dream world aren't you???

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by padowser View Post
    Good luck, and I mean that sincerely. You may have seen this "tale of woe", if not it is worth reading before you waste your time. The whole State of Maryland seems to have a victim's mindset.

I encourage you all to support the people in MD, the MPFO runs some great gun raffles too.

Maryland Shall Issue

MARYLANDERS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
    Well that story doesn't instill a lot of faith now does it? I did support Maryland Shall Issue and anyone who lives near MD and goes there often should too. It seems like the best shot at getting something to change someday.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(York County)

I grew up in Md and can tell you that there is no castle doctrine law, but there is case law that does affirm that the homeowner has no duty to retreat. IIRC all you need do is be able to explain why you felt like your life was in dangerand, "He was in my house at 0200hrs" was a good enough reason. They atleast have that right. But their LTCF procedure could use a little polishing. Now the guy in Cecil Co I feel got off light as he was in a "Fringe" county where the LEO have a lil more respect for the 2A as well human rights and a disdain for government interfearence. I grew up in Frederick, which was more like York. A big city surrounded by farm lands. But the city was behind all the BS laws enacted on behalf of public safety. The gangbangers in the city caused problems with their guns so I can't have one in the country.

Dave W
    3%

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Frederick now has all these DC people living there, makes it worst. Though I still hear the joke about the town being "Fredneck".

Balto county is an oddball county. The rep we have in congress is a pro gun republican, and the north county and the area comprising Perry Hall, Parkville, Dundalk, Essex, Middle River, plus Reisterstown north, etc are pretty much still conservative bastions full of gun owners, and it's not just the blue collar and "rednecks". There are gentry folk who own guns too, well educated middle class,etc.

The problem is the gobs of anti gun people in the suburban white collar type areas, and the clueless in Baltimore city. Not only a bunch of anti guns, but animal rights goofballs too. In fact deer hunting is 100x more an issue than shall-issue is. In other words there are screaming activists and their sympathetic ilk who care more about a bunch of stupid overpopulated tick ridden deer, than they ever would care about women who have to walk alone in parking lots at night, about carjackings, about random psychos attacking people, etc.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast