Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day

Default Re: Memorial Day

The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    That, my friends, is what we call a c*#t. She is such a POS.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Northampton County)

Exclamation Re: Memorial Day

[IMG=CONFIG]146540[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Delaware County)

My mom lost two first cousins in Vietnam and nearly lost her brother, my Uncle Jim, USMC, who survived two tours and was awarded the PH (with olc). Her one cousin was a Marine SSG KIA posthumously promoted to GySgt and the other a first cousin who was a young Marine PFC, also KIA. Both honored on the Wall in DC. Here's the grave of the Gunny...

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

It reminds me of how much harder to work to restore the nation they sacrificed for, presently severely lacking in the freedom and character which they knew.

(Chester County)

Some observe, some are blind.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Clarion County)

Went to the cemetery this morning where some relatives are buried. FIL Burma vet. Old, few acre church cemetery on a dirt road, off the side road of a secondary road. Members from all conflicts are buried there. From the Revolutionary War up to today. Amazing considering the area and population. The newest grave is a couple years old from the Persian War buried next to his father a Korea vet.
    Have allot to say but the words are evading me. Couple pics:
    100_0823 1.jpg100_0827 1.jpg100_0830 1.jpg
    100_0824 1.jpg
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by waiting2burn View Post
    I don't know why but I feel compelled to make a post about this. Maybe it was some videos I watched that really struck a cord. Memorial Day is a holiday, some of us are enjoying a long weekend. I just want to remind us to take a moment and think about those that this holiday is for. Let's take some time and think about the men and women in our armed forces that gave their life for a cause they believed in, full Heartedly. Also I ask you think about the people that are missing people due to war. Parents, relatives, and "battle buddies" that never got to see that brave person come back home. I don't mean to bring you down, and I don't have close ties to people KIA but I just want everyone to take a second or two to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    Been a while friends, but the facts are the same. Let’s take a moment to remember the ones that laid their lives on the line and paid that tab. Now more than ever we need to keep those hero’s in our minds and hearts. The world might not be that ideal place we have in mind but there’s still those willing to sacrifice everything to defend it and we need to honor those that did just that. The ones that aren’t coming home to see their friends, the ones not coming home to their families, the ones not coming home to their spouses and children. Go ahead fire up that grill, crack that beer, pour that whiskey, enjoy the long weekend, but please take a moment to remember, to thank that service member that will never get to eat another steak, crack another beer, sip another dram of whiskey and never get to hug their kids again, because fighting for their country and way of life was more important than life itself. Their fight to the death should not be forgotten. Let’s remember those that gave all.
    It seems highly necessary that some thing shou'd be done to maintain the liberty - G.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    A gentle request for the public this weekend, especially on Monday:

Please don't thank me for my service this weekend. This is not my time. The ones to be honored this weekend gave far more in service than I.

Out.
    AMEN,WELL SAID !

(Delaware County)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast