Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Concealed carry in a cargo pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    You are hard to shop for!
    That is for sure. I would not tell anyone to get an ankle holster except I don't see the OP as having many other options here other than that or a good pocket holster. I swayed away from the pocket holster because he would have it in a cargo pocket on a pair of BDUs. BDU pockets are large. The firearm would no doubt get twisted around in there even with a pocket holster. A little practice from the ankle rig would still be faster than opening a pocket, fishing around for the grip of the firearm, possibly having to align it so that the grip is in the correct position then drawing. Unless he can sew some kind of pocket holster pocket inside the pocket?
    Jules

(Adams County)

Yeah you ain't kidding. I've been pondering this for a few months. I just recently thought I'd ask the PAFOA crew.

I bought the Kangaroo carry holster a while back, but then they changed the part timer uniform to the Polo type.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(York County)

Justa quick reply here sorry if its already been said, Galls magazine has a nice littlke pockety holster that fits most small semi-autop's. I would reconsider the whole front pocket carry if I were you. Would also consider what if I don't copnceal well enough and it gets found, how serious will the reprocutions(sp) be?

(Pike County)

jdturnz, I can tell you from personal experiance that a Kel-tec P3AT in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster stays in place with the finish on the holster. I carry one alot. It also stays put in the cargo pocket in my 511's, and has almost no weight to bounce around. In the front pocket it looks like a wallet, if it prints at all. I know what you mean about the ankle, as I wear a 52 duty belt to work and they are not real accessable for big guys. I know that you may not be looking to buy a gun, but something really small may be in order for you. You are talking about a piece that has to be invisible, and is for last ditch save your life only. If you work for a company like me, if you get caught with a ccw that is not authorized you are getting fired. I work in NJ, so I can not carry into the state. From one old guard dog to another, I realize that it is not your question, but if your employeer is putting you in harms way to this extent and does not want to enable you to protect yourself, could a change in employement be in order? I would also ask the same question as knight asked, are you sure that your LTCF will cover you for this, as you will be on duty and in uniform?

(Allegheny County)

my vote is for the p3at, i have one and love it for deep concealment. it's my gun of choice for family events and around the gf's parents house. in your pocket it looks like a cell phone. Best money i've ever spent... except for the glock of course...

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Erie County)

S&W MODEL 642 .38 special, hammerless j-frame snubby... In cold months like this, just throw it in your coat pocket and you can have your hand on it walking around outside. It could even be fired from your coat pocket if that situation happened, something that can't be said for an auto. Just be ready to take your coat off quickly afterwards

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    From one old guard dog to another, I realize that it is not your question, but if your employeer is putting you in harms way to this extent and does not want to enable you to protect yourself, could a change in employement be in order?
    I have considered this. I work 4 or 5 shifts per month and I like the job. Plus the money is easy. I don't think that it is all that dangerous a place. The reason for the vests is the type of facility has been prone to violence in other parts of the country. They are also looking into going ACT 235 and possibly 120 for some officers.

I would also ask the same question as knight asked, are you sure that your LTCF will cover you for this, as you will be on duty and in uniform?
    I think I'm ok with that regard, maybe not. Maybe one of our Lawyers or LEOs will stop by and have some insight?

(Montgomery County)

What type of shirt do you wear?

Is it possible to get a 5-11 shirt?

I can carry my Ultra Carry II all day long in this shirt pocket. I had a problem with it flittping forward a bit, but a piece of cardboard in the shirt pocket kept it from printing... just looked like a wallet in the front shirt pocket.

(Adams County)

It's an embroidered Polo shirt. 3 button, collar, no pocket.

Have you considered one of the compression t-shirts with the built in holster.
    They may be slow but if warning comes early enough you do have time to
    draw. Plus I understand you can carry some fairly big firearms without them
    printing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast