(Beaver County)

Default Re: How Well Can You Conceal? PIC THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Ankle holster??? I think you win this game
    Here's a hint: www.smartcarry.com

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    It does sit a little low...I can make it sit higher if I tighten my belt reallllly tight, but I like it how it is...The holster is a Desantis Tuck-This, and I don't like it at all. As you can see it the picture its not that secure, the holster tends to stay put, except when I stand up and sit down. I plan on getting something better in the near future.

That doesn't look like you can get a full grip on the pistol before drawing it. Looks like it sits very low.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MK41144 View Post
    Here's a hint: www.smartcarry.com
    Hey MK41144,

Man I would've never guessed that, I think I want to try that holster myself!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Hey MK41144,

Man I would've never guessed that, I think I want to try that holster myself!
    The tons of people I helped at the hardware store yesterday didn't know either. I stumbled upon it during a google search and was impressed so I bought it. No complaints so far.

(Berks County)

The tons of people I helped at the hardware store yesterday didn't know either. I stumbled upon it during a google search and was impressed so I bought it. No complaints so far.
    Is it worn up front? If it is, how is it when you have to pee? Because when I'm out and about, I tend to go to the restroom a lot to relieve myself.

rand

(Westmoreland County)

Looks like a great solution for us office-dwellers who need to tuck in a shirt. I have always just carried my 642 on the ankle, but it looks like I could carry the P220 with that rig.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I carry as a I train.
    Good! One of my biggest pet peeves is people that carry concealed, but will go to the range, and never draw from concealment, They get their gun, shoot, then set it on the bench, reload their mag, and pick up their gun and shoot again. I realize some ranges don't allow you to draw from concealment, but plenty do. Most guys won't draw from concealment and shoot due to "marksmanship masturbation" at the range. They just cheat themselves when practicing. Most of the people at the range are not there to practice fighting. Most are not even there to practice for anything specific that they can identify. They are there to put holes in paper. They don't seem to have any knowledge of why they are even doing that. I've seen very few shooters who are actually shooting drills and most of those are the competitive shooters.

Why won't must guys practice drawing from concealment? Simple, either they are ignorant of how to use a cover garment due to lack of instruction and/or willingness to learn, they have not mastered it and do not want to look bad in front of their friends, or they are just lazy. I know… I know – why buy all that bling if you cannot show it off at the range? Well all the gear in the world isn’t going to do you any good if someone cuts your throat with a rusty knife because you cannot draw your gun from concealment. If you HONESTLY do not know how to then take a class…buy a book, search online – the information is freely available. This is a key skill that everyone should master but is very frequently over looked. Incorporate the use of your concealment garment into your weekly dry work (which everyone does…right?) and into your live fire training and practice sessions.

Better to learn it on the range than in the parking lot.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Is it worn up front? If it is, how is it when you have to pee? Because when I'm out and about, I tend to go to the restroom a lot to relieve myself.

rand
    I've attached an image showing how I carry it. As to the restroom question:

Q: I'm a man and I have to use a urinal to relieve myself. Does the gun block my access to the fly in my underwear?

A: It can, but the solution is very simple - just take your index finger and thumb and move the barrel/slide over to your left (right, if you're left handed) and access the fly in your shorts with your other fingers. Once your fingers enter the fly in your shorts, release the firearm and the side of your hand will keep it out of the way. Or, you can grasp the barrel/slide with your weak hand, through your lower outer garment, and move and hold it to your left/right while opening your fly with your other hand. Simply remove your private parts and relieve yourself like you do when not carrying a firearm. You can also do this with one hand, as some men like to hold onto the urinal plumbing for some reason unknown to me! The instructions suggest you practice this a few times in the privacy of your bathroom at home, using an unloaded firearm. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do this just as easily as you do when not carrying. It only takes about four to six "practice" runs to get it down to perfection!

If you have to sit down to relieve yourself, it's very simple. When you lower/lift your outer garment, simply slide SmartCarry® up several inches and let it remain around your lower chest until you're finished. Then slide it back down, lift or lower your outer garment and go about your business. In other words, you'll never have to remove either SmartCarry® or your firearm until you return home or need the firearm for self protection!
    I'm still trying to perfect the technique but I was able to go yesterday without too much hassle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    That doesn't look like you can get a full grip on the pistol before drawing it. Looks like it sits very low.
    Because of the was it sits...even though the clip isn't canted that much, the holster is canted a bit more, which allows me to get a full grip. You really can't see this in the photo. Like I said, I don't like this holster and plan on replacing it.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Berks County)

I've attached an image showing how I carry it. As to the restroom question:

I'm still trying to perfect the technique but I was able to go yesterday without too much hassle.
    Thanks man, appreciate it and I think I'm gonna get one for myself!

Take care,

Rand

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast