Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: IWB holster - question on logistics

Fobus is not really what I'd consider a quality holster. Do they work? Yes, however I'd prefer going with something nicer. The Serpa I have heard of way too many instances of them coming apart, failing to release the weapon and a few troubling instances of negligent discharges contributed to by the retention device. They may be fine holsters but I'd rather spend a bit more and get something a bit nicer than the Fobus and there are so many different holsters out there I do not really feel like I am limiting myself much by choosing something other than the Fobus or Serpa.
    One that I had been looking at that I really would like to get is the Up a Creek paddle from Bear Claw holsters, unfortunately their website is down so I will have to look elsewhere.
    The clipdraw's look interesting. I've seen them before but never really considered them practical for larger pistols. I have a USP fullsize and I am not really going to bother with anything less than 1 clip or loop on either side to support it. They'd probably be great for just sticking in a smaller carry auto though.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Cumberland County)

I got a IWB holster from TheHolsterStore.com. Pretty good quality for the money. An they arnt to expensive. Pretty comfortable, but I guess that depends on the gun also.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 40 cal View Post
    I got a IWB holster from TheHolsterStore.com. Pretty good quality for the money. An they arnt to expensive. Pretty comfortable, but I guess that depends on the gun also.
    Looks like they've got some nice stuff and in a wide range of price points. Thanks for the link!
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Looks like they've got some nice stuff and in a wide range of price points. Thanks for the link!
    Np, I got mine in like 2 weeks. Like 7 business days. Its not really soft leather but its not to hard. Dont bother my thigh at all. If they had shoulder rig there Id order one of those also. I'd buy another holster off of them.

Good luck

(Mercer County)

I recommend any of these three holsters for the inside the waist band carry. I recieved my first CCW for Pa in 1968 and have used many different types of IWB holsters for concealed carry over the years; through trail and error, over the last 40 years I have decided that these three holsters work the best for me for IWB carry.

1. K.L.Null. The UNS. IMO the most concealable because of the use of flanges that mold to body curvature. This one is my favorite.
    2. Mitch Rosen. The ARG. Reinforced mouth with double leather and steel. Stitched sight rails.
    3. Milt Sparks. The executive companion. This holster places the firearm deeper in the waist band and has a metal reinforced mouth beneath the belt. A leather extension for protection for safeties and sweat damage of the firearm.

I carry a Colt Delt Elite Government model 24/7 and have been carring this one constantly since since 1987 or 1988. The photo will give you an idea of how hard constant carry is on a firearm used as an everyday tool.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123