Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: www.classicarms.us Is TRASH

I met the new owner FTF

I ordered a MN Hex receiver "special" from him late last summer; turns out he just moved to NC from Chester Springs a few years ago and still owns his house w/barn up here, renting it out. Anyway, the reason I met him was after ordering one of their "special" HEX MNs they shipped me a ROUND receiver MN. When it arrived I called him right away and he shipped out a Hex, and told me to hold onto the round receiver- he was coming up to visit his place & friends/relatives anyway, and we would meet & he would pay the Tx fees and handle the return shipping at the FFL. All went down as planned; he made good on everything. Based on just one transaction he seems to be a stand-up guy. I don't think he surfs the web to see what other people are selling stuff at, but his prices aren't sky high across the board. Look around and you CAN find better deals. That doesn't mean Classic Arms is all-around awful.

P.S. Hopefully he follows through on his idea "I'm thinking about moving my business up here." A Milsurp dealer right down the road. AWWW YEAH.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ninvin21 View Post
    What kind of site Posts only 5 of one item sells out in an hour and leaves the item up on there page for days?

There web page is sloppy and hard to read.

Every time I visit this site there out of stock on about half the items they sell.

What a Joke.

Retards Run everything these days.

Can't lie all the Blame on them.
    People are so lazy nowadays they will search for deals buy everything up cheap the double it and put it on gunbroker
    Just because there too lazy to get a Real Job.
    Does anyone work Anymore WTF
    If you don't like the site then don't shop there. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to purchase from that website.

BTW - the @sshole train left a LONG time ago...

(Luzerne County)

That also bothers me why buy a gun and put it in a safe that is the dumbest thing I ever heard of.
    So, collecting firearms is stupid? I guess collecting stamps you have no intention of mailing a letter with or collecting coins you have no intention of buying gum with is also stupid? I hope nobody has told you about type 3 Federal Firearms Licenses (Curio & Relic); you might go apeshit.

I think if you own a certain amount of firearms you should be mentally evaluated.
    I think people should be interviewed by forum administrators or moderators before they are allowed to join a gun forum and post statements like these.

I apologize if this offends you, but honestly, the statements above combined with the statement you made about the school rifle team seriously makes me question your enthusiasm for the individual right to keep and bear arms. (On a side note, notice how the Second Amendment specifically enumerates keeping and bearing arms separately?)
    Wow your supposed to be learning in school not having fun learning to kill.

(Allegheny County)

That's fine But In my eye's it makes you a retard.
    So politically incorrect. For shame.

Most people make money by robbing other people legally.
    There's so much fail in your ramblings, it's hard to know where to start. But this part best exposes you for what you are I think.

Now I think I'll log on to Classic and buy another rifle to put in the safe. Hell, maybe I'll just throw it away when it arrives, 'cuz I'm so durned stoopid!

(York County)

Wow,

and I thought guys with this kind of thought processes were only on AR15.com.

Totaly missed the train.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

Correct if they only have 5 of one item they should not advertise it for the world to see...Classic should of Auctioned off the 5 piece's they would of made way more money and I would have had a chance at one.
    So they should change their business practices for your way of thinking, especially when pretty much everyone else here disagrees with you? If they put it on gunbroker you'd complain that other people got it and you didn't (seems familiar, eh?)

And your "cant sit online" excuse below doesnt work either because most bidding on online auctions happens in the last minute.

Last week was a full size chromed AK
    This week was the Draco Chromed pistol.
    So...shop elsewhere...or ,and this is going to FUCKING BLOW YOUR MIND, buy a regular one and then have it chromed yourself (from someone else since you hate classic).

I have a real job I can't call off work everyday sit online and wait for a deal.
    It only cost what $50 to make an AK come on. If items are in such high demand why don't they make more?
    It might cost $50 in Asscrackistan.

The parts kits they're made from to have to be made in the US (since you can't import the full guns anymore) - so it costs money for importers to bring them into the country cut up, then they have to dissasemble them from the cut receiver and build a flat into a receiver and then build and then refinish them and have to make sure it meets US legal requirements (922r etc).

There's only so many parts kits and they won't last forever.

Are you against businesses making a profit? Why would anyone open a business if they werent going to make a profit?
    Last edited by Kaos; February 10th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.

(Berks County)

Let me get this straight now.......the Classic Arms website needs work and be updated more often for ease of use and more accuracy as to current stock.

But the company/store itself is a good outfit to deal with.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Delaware County)

ninvin21, it is a tough time to decide to get into firearms. Over the last 25 years, with every gun ban or threat of one, gun prices have gone up drastically and availability has gone down.
    My little brother bought a MAC 10 submachine gun in 1979 for $175.
    They passed the the 1986 Machine Gun law that limited the number of machine guns to the existing number then registered. No new machine guns can be created or bought by individuals beyond that 230,000 number.
    Since the pool of MGs remains constant but the users who desire them have gone up? That $175 gun is now worth $3500.
    I bought an HK 91 in 1984 for $459. The 1989 gun ban laws prevented any more HK semi auto types from being imported. The HK's are now worth $2000 to $5000.
    In the mid 80's, 223 ammo was $100 per 1000 and I remember buying 1K of surplus 308 for $139.
    Two years ago, the Democrats and Obama created such a stink about bringing back the Assault Weapons Ban that it scared every gun owner and anyone who even thought they MIGHT want a gun in their future to go out and buy guns and ammo. Besides all the exsting gun owners going out and buying more guns and ammo, over a million NEW, additional gun owners then went out and bought guns and ammo. The supply chain could just not keep it. A lot of the guns have just about come back to normal but the ammo is still hard to get.
    Classic Arms, Aim, Weidners, Natchez, J&G Firearms? These are just some of the poplular places who are trying to bring in things people want. There is no entitled price for anything, it goes back simply to the law of supply and demand.
    But look at it this way.
    Shop around and get the best price for the things you want now.
    In 25 years, just think what it will be worth?
    Then maybe in the year 2035, you will be having this chat with a young 25 year old who thinks it's such a rip off to have to pay $10,000 for a semi auto AK from 2008 that was banned in 2022......
    Smitty56

(Lancaster County)

Wow.

First of all, I've never ordered from Classicarms, but I've never heard anything but good from people who have.

Now, I can understand your frustration at not being able to find the things you want, or feeling like you're paying far more than they're worth. But quite frankly, that's the reality of the gun world right now.

Like you, I haven't been into shooting and collecting guns all that long. I started maybe two years ago and got serious right around election time. It wasn't out of fear of anything in particular, but just happened to be the time I found I was earning enough money and was stable enough financially to take on this kind of interest.

You may not realize this, but guns and ammo (particularly AK's) are selling for about half what they were just six or seven months ago. Also, unlike during that craze, you can actually find what you're looking for. You may have to look for a while, but you can find it.

After the election people went absolutely insane. This was partially due to a belief that the new administration might put in place a ban on "assault weapons", or limit the number of firearms a person can purchase (a concept which you seem to agree with). There was actually very little mention of any of these things during the campaign, and all proposed legislation has been shot down because even though the Democrats are in power, they understand that it would be political suicide to actually pass these kinds of laws.

That didn't stop gun dealers from hyping the threat and using fear to sell more guns for more money. I am as capitalist as anyone, but I also know what price gouging is--and selling a $350 gun for $1000 as a result of the fearmongering that the gun selling community drummed up is price gouging.

The end result was that most people got disgusted and stopped buying these guns as soon as they came back to reality and realized that a ban was extremely unlikely to pass Congress.

For the last several months, prices have plummeted on these items and availability has dramatically increased. Ak's are now selling for less than they were prior to the election. I suppose you may have been living under a rock for the last year and missed all this, but now you know. You've got nothing to bitch about right now.

At the moment we're seeing a momentary spike in sales because prices are low and tax returns are coming in. As slow as sales have been on these kinds of guns, it's not really surprising that sites like classicarms are keeping low inventory.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't advertise the products they have. For example, I ordered a new Lancaster Arms Rough Rider AK-74 from AIM with my tax refund. The site showed that they were in stock when I ordered it but there must have been some kind of mixup because they are apparently on backorder until next week.

Was this frustrating? Yes, I was excited to get my new gun. Was it the end of the world? No. Am I starting a post screaming and yelling and calling them "trash" because I had a small problem and was slightly disappointed? Also no.

Why? Because I am a grown up and I don't need to throw a hissy fit just because I didn't get my way. The representative from AIM has been in regular contact with me, communication has been excellent and I have no doubt that I will receive my gun as soon as it arrives in stock.

If you had taken the time to contact Classic Arms, maybe you could have placed a back order for your gun and gotten it as soon as more arrive in stock. A hard-chromed AK pistol is a highly specialized item. It takes time to make something like that.

I'm certain that if there is enough interest, Classic will get more of them done as soon as they can. That's how supply and demand works. But if all anyone does who doesn't get one is go online and bitch and moan like a spoiled little child then I can't see them having any motivation to stock more in the future.

I'll be watching their site now, I'd love to have a hard chromed Draco pistol. Plus, because I know how badly it will piss you off, I might order two just to have one sitting in the safe

(Allegheny County)

God, I love it. He's 26 with a 6th grade command of the language and he's calling others retarded.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast