Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Brady Campain "No guns in Starbucks"

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    they over roast the beans so all of their drip coffee has the same burnt taste that I do not like. That being said I do like their frapachinos and lattes...but they do not have very good drip coffee at all or even roasted beans they sell.

that being said their stance on carrying has made me want to drink more of their stuff. I'm working on an email now
    Please post when finished.

What blends have you tried? The over-roast thing was my first reaction. I've since tried most and found a few that I really like. The Breakfast Blend is a pretty mild brew. The Pike Place Blend is the one I think you may be referring to. I personally don't care for it but, if you go to their store, it's usually the blend of the day which is why you may have come away with that impression.

Personally, I like full bodied coffee, espresso, etc. If you want to try something good, the Americano is a couple shots of espresso thinned w/ a bit of hot water. You get the full flavor of espresso but, not all the harsh bitterness.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Please post when finished.

What blends have you tried? The over-roast thing was my first reaction. I've since tried most and found a few that I really like. The Breakfast Blend is a pretty mild brew. The Pike Place Blend is the one I think you may be referring to. I personally don't care for it but, if you go to their store, it's usually the blend of the day which is why you may have come away with that impression.

Personally, I like full bodied coffee, espresso, etc. If you want to try something good, the Americano is a couple shots of espresso thinned w/ a bit of hot water. You get the full flavor of espresso but, not all the harsh bitterness.
    I'll be sure to post it when i'm done, still planning out what to say.

as for blends I'm not sure, i've had the ones the brew in store for the here try this sample, the ones the put into the latte's ect plus what people have given me since they know i like coffee, all of them are bad in my opinion, but that's me. I tend to roast my own beans for my coffee drinks

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I missed this the first time around.

Nope, not me. I did log in and respond, however. Who knows, maybe someone at corporate will see it and say "Hmmmmm."

These rose colored glasses are giving me a headache.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    they over roast the beans so all of their drip coffee has the same burnt taste that I do not like. That being said I do like their frapachinos and lattes...but they do not have very good drip coffee at all or even roasted beans they sell.

that being said their stance on carrying has made me want to drink more of their stuff. I'm working on an email now
    a little trick I've learned over the years is that salt removes the bitterness from coffee. Shake a little bit over the grounds before brewing or even into a cup of brewed coffee....enjoy!..

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    a little trick I've learned over the years is that salt removes the bitterness from coffee. Shake a little bit over the grounds before brewing or even into a cup of brewed coffee....enjoy!..
    Lemme guess, you learned that from reading Tom Clancy books. Most likely The Hunt for Red October?

I do that also. My wife originally called BS on that trick until I did a taste test on her. She's now a believer.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Lemme guess, you learned that from reading Tom Clancy books. Most likely The Hunt for Red October?

I do that also. My wife originally called BS on that trick until I did a taste test on her. She's now a believer.
    actually no...I learned it from an older, wiser guy that I worked with years ago...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CeaseFire & Brady Campaign: Ban Guns in Starbucks

My gun club sent us all an email so I will quote (or plagiarize, hehe)... here it is:

To send a message of thanks to Starbucks online, go to the
    following link, choose the category "Corporate Responsibility,"
    and write a brief and supportive message:

http://www.starbucks.com/customer/co...rms.asp?nav=3f

To contact them by snail-mail, use the following address:

Starbucks Customer Relations
    PO Box 3717
    Seattle, WA 98124-3717
    Accuracy International AWM .300 WM (S&B 3-12x Mil), Remington 700DS Tactical (S&B 3-12x Bryant), Marlin 1895 GG (Kahles 1-4x), M1A Match, XM15E2S, SKB 12gau, Enfield no4 Irish Contract (1954), Springfield XD Sub Compact .40, Kimber Raptor II, Colt Series 70 NM, Springfield Long Slide .45, S&W Mod 10, Ruger Mk II Target, Browning Buckmark Varmint (Leup 2x), Beretta 96FSC, Walther P99, and many more...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CeaseFire & Brady Campaign: Ban Guns in Starbucks

This is a nice change of pace.

I've recently been made aware of recent news articles re: Starbuck's customers openly carrying firearms and the resulting backlash from the Brady Campaign. As a long-time loyal Starbuck's customer and 2nd Amendment advocate, I applaud your Corporate policy of allowing your customers to conduct themselves according to the laws governing each individual state. I have also been made aware that there are those that would like you to change this policy. However, their reasons for doing so are not based in reason, rather in fear.
    I am currently a starbucks black card holder and have spent far more money on your fine product, annually, then I have on all other hobbies I enjoy combined. This is a trend I would like to continue, however if you chose to no longer follow your current policy I will no long be able to spend money at your establishment and I will urge my friends and family to do likewise until such a time where the change would be reversed.

here's what i've got so far..not sure i like it

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast