Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: It begins: Anarchists attack squad cars at police HQ

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    One would think that driving nails & screws into tires would be the act of juveniles, not a WELL ORGANIZED group of anarchists....just saying
    Maybe not anarchists, but it sounds like the work of Democrat staffers on election day...

But in Obama's world, this is clearly the work of racist, white, conservative, male, homophobic, Nazi, anti-American Tea Partiers.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    Yeah, the "Anarchists" are gonna end up being a few 15 yr old kids who were bored..

This is MSM fearmongering a new word..Suprised they didnt say white supremacist with EBR's did it......
    I believe the term is Assualt Weapon. Jeez get your MSM lies straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    probably doing a cost/benefit analysis would show that the cost of providing such protection not worth the benefit.

i'm sure they do have some security measures in place (fence at least, i would think), but they were probably defeated by the vandals.

they could, of course, implement better security, but at some cost. they might decide it is worth it until the G20 is over at this point, but spending many thousands of dollars per year to stop a one time incident that led to a couple thousand dollars of damage might not be worth it on an ongoing basis.

(btw, i think the anarchists may have been in town and warming up for a couple of weeks. while i was walking along butler street, someone threw an egg at me from a passing car about a week ago...could have been those rotten-egg packin' anarchists--if so, though, they need to work on their aim before next thursday rolls around...either that or they were mad at the sidewalk behind me. )
    It was probably someone from the board you had an argument with.

Then again, if it was someone from on here, you woulda been hit and probably by a hard boiled rotten egg fired from a compressed air cannon.

You're lucky to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I can't figure out this multi-quotes stuff, so.....

How can a MURDERER, on a field trip to the Fair escape??????

How can anyone, short of shooting the little ,scrawny bastards, stop those brainwashed, dis-respectful, bastards......
    I had someone PM me to ask how to do it. Hit the button next to the quote button. If you settle your cursor on it, it'll tell you it's the multi quote button. Just click them to make them red and post a response as usual.

Multi quote.JPG

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    How is it possible that the police can't protect their own cars in their own parking lot?
    maybe they should call the cops.

or, other cops could show up and say "it's a lot of paperwork, and we're never gonna catch who did it... just submit it to your insurance or pay for it yourself"

and that would be, of course, IF they showed up at all.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(York County)

Some of my tires have plugs in them and sometimes I go fast.......just sayin.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    No you can't even go 50 down town without hitting some pofs hole in the road or asphalt abortion that resembles the venus fly traps from mario brothers that swallow tires and suspension components at will. I wouldn't drive around on plugged tires down there either.

As for the tires and the fact it was done AT the police station...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    No you can't even go 50 down town without hitting some pofs hole in the road or asphalt abortion that resembles the venus fly traps from mario brothers that swallow tires and suspension components at will. I wouldn't drive around on plugged tires down there either.

As for the tires and the fact it was done AT the police station...

Let's talk police car tires.... (gotta speak only to the Crown Vics, I'm not sure what rubber compliments the little sister Impalas in the Burgh)

So you have the Goodyear Eagle RSA in p225/40/16 or 17" depending. (serisously, LEO boys... correct me if possible. It'll help)

I downgraded my tires for economical reasons from Bridgestone Potenza RE50A asyms to these Goodyear RSAs - though they are in p245/40/19. Part of the way they were "sold" to me was that "They're the same tires the PSP use."

Ok, made sense. I'm not driving like a mad man and I hated spending $400 per tire with the Potenzas. Well... The Goodyear RSAs are absolute shit. They're the highest speed rating and wear like a semi-pro tire; but alas, they cannot grip ground. I don't have a true or real sports car. I drive a Pontiac sedan. But the RSAs are shit. They even "wander" at speeds of 140+ on track or "clean" highway. I'm going back to the Potenzas or looking into Dunlops for sure.

You cannot safely plug a tire expected to handle severe loads during cornering or exceptional speeds.
    F*S=k

(York County)

It was a joke guys, I dont want our boys in blue to have crappy tires. I have a truck that never goes above 70 so I go to any one of a number of used tire dealers and saddle up with 4 tires for 200 bucks.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Allegheny County)

It was a joke guys, I dont want our boys in blue to have crappy tires. I have a truck that never goes above 70 so I go to any one of a number of used tire dealers and saddle up with 4 tires for 200 bucks.
    Must be nice... my car is AWD... so if one tire pops... I get to buy 4. Or I can burn up a $3200 transfer case instead...

Oh did I mention they are a bullshit size... which makes them cost more... and not commonly available if there was an emergency that I need to replace them?

RE050's turn back into pumpkins as soon as it gets below 50* out. They are even worse in ANY inclement weather. If you want a cheap as bawls tire that gives up some 100* track day grip, and cannot be shaved like RE050's - try the Sumitumo HTR Z III's. They wear well, are fairly quiet, handle rain (and even snow) *they are NOT a snow tire/all season tire* and did I mention that they are CHEEP?

I'm on my second year with them and they are great tires for what they didn't cost. You may not be as fortunate in snow with them as I am in an AWD car with a computer controlled differential. (variable lockup / snow mode) But they blow the doors off the RE050's in rain too.

(Philadelphia County)

I love how EVERYTHING turns into Obama bashing... its like some people will hate him no matter what he does or doesn't do. The modern Hoover, in a way....

Just saying...
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Must be nice... my car is AWD... so if one tire pops... I get to buy 4. Or I can burn up a $3200 transfer case instead...

Oh did I mention they are a bullshit size... which makes them cost more... and not commonly available if there was an emergency that I need to replace them?

RE050's turn back into pumpkins as soon as it gets below 50* out. They are even worse in ANY inclement weather. If you want a cheap as bawls tire that gives up some 100* track day grip, and cannot be shaved like RE050's - try the Sumitumo HTR Z III's. They wear well, are fairly quiet, handle rain (and even snow) *they are NOT a snow tire/all season tire* and did I mention that they are CHEEP?

I'm on my second year with them and they are great tires for what they didn't cost. You may not be as fortunate in snow with them as I am in an AWD car with a computer controlled differential. (variable lockup / snow mode) But they blow the doors off the RE050's in rain too.
    Did you not know any of this before you bought the vehicle.....shame on you
    Ayn Rand

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast