Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Took a New Jersey friend to my gun club range

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    .....I always look for opportunities to invite people to shoot. It's the best way to get more pro gun people, and as far as gun owners go, the more the merrier.
    I was at the chiropractor Friday and the topic of guns came up. He and his wife might be 30, with young kids, etc., and he mentioned he really wants to get a handgun and take a safety class. He and his wife quickly got an invite to the farm to shoot any weekend he's available. Another checkmark for the good guys!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    My friend was born and raised in Philly. In about 1960, his to-be wife bought a semi-auto Glenfield 75 for him for his birthday...from E J Korvettes for any here who might know of that long-gone "discount store".

He built a home in Tabernacle in 1976 and has lived in the area ever since. He still has the rifle. It's from the days of no serial numbers, so I believe the rifle Is grandfathered regarding that configuration of rifle otherwise now illegal in PRNJ, on the list of assault rifles. Yeah. Just plain asinine.

Friends since the early 60s, and knowing he has had zero experiences with firearms since then and just a half-box of .22s with that rifle when he first got it, I invited him to remedy that situation. I had picked up a Glenfield .22 scope at a gun show since the scope for the 75 had disappeared somehow over the years.

With the replacement scope mounted and zeroed , he had fun shooting his prized rifle once again. Then I had him shoot my AKM and he did well and really enjoyed it.

Today his wife called my wife while I was out, telling her how much he had enjoyed our afternoon on the range. I am so glad we were able to do this.

If you have a friend with little or no opportunity to shoot, consider brightening their day at the range.
    +1 Rep inbound.

Educating more people about firearms and shooing along with keeping pressure on our elected officials, by our votes, letters, etc. I believe are the two best ways to protect the 2A. Keep up the good work Bang.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Rifles are not registered in Jersey. Firearms are sold without SN#s in every state as far as I know, even states that require registration. I am 95% sure this rifle could not be registered under the NJ AWB as it is not a DCM competition rifle. Even if it was, then it would now be illegal since Jersey outlawed the couple hundred that were.
    Unaware of this - do you have a cite?
    NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123