Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Delaware County

(Delaware County)

Smile Re: Delaware County

I've known Ken for many years. If I won the lottery I'd build or buy a state of the art range and magically "pick up" his store and drop it right in the middle! He also has a presence on Gunbroker as Ken 4570.
    Tim

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware County

In delaware county, I have visited most gun shops. In my opinion there is no gun store better for prices that Millers on chichester ave. in lower chi.

(Chester County)

TargetMaster's customer service is severely lacking! Most of the time they act as if you are bothering them when they wait on you. Their range "master" could be nonexistant or a nazi depending when you are there. I haven't been impressed by their prices on anything in years. The last time I went for some range time
    (last week, with a buddy of mine) Things were no different, it reminded me why I don't go back. I know for a fact they had a deal going with a local large PD agency for a range facility that was lost when putting up with the owner and staff got to be too much of a hassle.

Yeah I'm disgruntled. Just couldn't believe that no one else mentioned similar experiences on this forum.

(Delaware County)

Nothing bothers me more than packing up all of my shooting stuff, driving to the range and seeing 20 cop cars parked in the lot. There is no reason to get out of the car in this instance. You know all the lanes are full.

Losing a police contract is good news for civilian shooters. It lessens the chances of a wasted trip.

I don't go there to socialize. I pay for my lane, shoot up my ammo and leave. I have never been hassled on the firing line. If you follow safe shooting rules, what can they say?

(Delaware County)

I don't like Targetmaster much at all, but there's just no other place as convenient.

Field & Stream has far too many rules and waiting for a cease fire to change targets is a pain. Double Action will only let you use their ammo. The place in Bristol and Classic Pistol are okay, but it takes me 45 min. to an hour to get there, and with gas at around $3/gal. . .

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I'm going to visit Ken Crane this evening. What have been the experiences in the last year with him? How are his prices? He is right around the corner from me and I am looking to check out his ARs (maybe even see what else he has since I am looking for a 12 gauge for home defense and a .22 pistol for plinking).

Double Action in Yeadon is a nice range. I have never really looked to closely at the shop portion other than to buy targets and ammo. They are not that bad with ammo. If you have comparable ammo and talk to the guys at the counter you shouldn't have a problem (I had a few boxes of some sort that they were fine with).

(Delaware County)

I read the posts in this thread but I figured I would jump in and ask for your opinions for me.

I am 18 years old and looking to buy a shotgun. This will be my first gun and over my life I have not had guns as a big part in my life so my knowledge on shotguns is not that great.

So which stores in the Delaware County would you recommend for me? Not just for prices but also in customer service and people who are most knowledgeable about what they are selling and would be able to give me good honest advice on the guns they are selling.

Ken Crane was great last night. I will be calling him again on Thursday evening since he is only open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 6-8. The ARs he had were a bit pricey for me, but he had some good prices on shotguns and if you go in and let them know what you are looking for and what your experience is they will help you out. I STRONGLY suggest you find some training classes or some folks in the area to go to the range with you so you can get some experience.

(Delaware County)

i have been to Double Action in Yeadon. Its a nice place and the guy behind the counter was very knowledgeable,friendly and helpful. Even though you have to buy ammo from them, overall its a good experience to shoot there

Cheers
    Jatt

If you have some plain old ball ammo you can show it to them and they might let you use it. It's worth a shot.

I just purchased my first AK from Ken Crane. Great guy. I'll be picking it up on Friday. I can't wait! His prices are comparable to online prices I have seen for some of the AKs out there. I see myself returning many times to complete my collection.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast