Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Top Shot on The History Channel in limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    IMHO it's no loss...a Out of the hour you had maybe 50 minutes of soap opera and 10 minutes of shooting. I was viewing for the shooting not the other BS

Watch it on demand, then fast forward thru the 50 minutes of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    IMHO it's no loss...a Out of the hour you had maybe 50 minutes of soap opera and 10 minutes of shooting. I was viewing for the shooting not the other BS
    I don't get that from this season at all.

This season seems like the house drama is limited to a couple mins right after the winner of the challenge came back and the groups deciding on the people to send to elim and that's about it.

Way more shooting this season than previous ones.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

This season seems like the house drama is limited to a couple mins right after the winner of the challenge came back and the groups deciding on the people to send to elim and that's about it.

I agree. There is no villain or alliance that leads to allot of bad blood. For those that complain about drama, PAFOA has 10x the drama that Top Shot season four has.
    Last edited by QuackXP; April 24th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

Yeah, I agree.. When it first came out I think I watched the first episode and was disgusted so much I haven't watched it or gave it another try until just a couple weeks ago and now I'm hooked.

(Northampton County)

I've watched every single episode, I love this show. I'll be pretty damned pissed if they don't renew it. This season, i'm betting on Augie to go all the way. He's from Belle Vernon, and a Marine...so I'm rooting for him. I've been successful in at least picking who will make it to the final episode each season, if not exactly knowing who would win.

I don't know why it wouldn't be renewed, that's pretty lame. And yeah, Littlejohn and his queer bandana-bro-hood need to go, he's been a very inconsistent shooter this season, and has narrowly avoided being eliminated too often.

Also, to whoever said it before: the asian dude got ganged up on in season two because he was mouthy, and not a team-player type. Just like the Navy armorer in the same season later on, and William Bethard in this season. If you're going to run your mouth like that, you'd better be the best, and those three were NOT.
    Popichak is probably trolling this for his next story...

(Chester County)

I cant stand all the damn "dramatic" music on shows like top shot, sons of guns, and american guns. They put on intense and dramatic music all through out the show and its really annoying and misplaced. Thats why I dont watch those shows anymore. I will watch topshot at the end just to see which team won and who got eliminated, but other than that I dont watch it
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

I get real tired of Colbys verbal machismo. REAL tired.

But I like the show, and the competitions. Like the slo-mo shots, the varied weapon types (yes, even the non-firearm primitive weapons. INCLUDING the rocks.) Wish I had the money to build some of the targets and courses they've set up.

I wish they'd do straight up shooting competitions though. Wish performance were the sole eliminations factor, rather than the drama-encouraging voting nonsense.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by new_shooter View Post
    I get real tired of Colbys verbal machismo. REAL tired.
    Lol, you should see Top Guns.
    http://www.history.com/shows/top-guns

I agree that the winner of Top Shot should be entirely based on performance. I think it would appeal to more people if it didn't feel like Survivor with guns. That said, it would be a shame if the show died.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    Lol, you should see Top Guns.
    http://www.history.com/shows/top-guns

I agree that the winner of Top Shot should be entirely based on performance. I think it would appeal to more people if it didn't feel like Survivor with guns. That said, it would be a shame if the show died.
    It ultimately does come down to performance in the elimination challenge. Now it could be unfair that one competitor gets voted into the elimination challenge over and over again for reasons that are not performance based but it in the end it does come down to performance in the elimination challenge.

There are exceptions for family emergencies, injury, or quitting. But those are either personal choices or forces outside of the competition as a whole and not the will of the other competitor forcing someone out without having to beat them in a elimination challenge.

But remember this is a TV show not coverage of a sports event. If straight competition of firearms was popular enough to be televised you would see IDPA, ISPC, ETC on TV.

The bit of drama on Top Shot is something that gets non shooters to watch the show. Even at it's worst it is better than the least amount of drama on other competition shows.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    It ultimately does come down to performance in the elimination challenge. Now it could be unfair that one competitor gets voted into the elimination challenge over and over again for reasons that are not performance based but it in the end it does come down to performance in the elimination challenge.

But remember this is a TV show not coverage of a sports event. If straight competition of firearms was popular enough to be televised you would see IDPA, ISPC, ETC on TV.
    I suppose I should have been more specific, it should be based on performance throughout a FAIR competition that gives each competitor an equal opportunity. The fact that someone could be forced to go through time and a half as many levels of elimination simply based on the fears/prejudices of the other competitors is what degrades the integrity of the title they dole out to the survivor. As far as real shooting circuits being televised, they would actually have to be televised in the first place on non-pay channels to get an idea of their popularity. Would it be as entertaining as watching someone trying to hit targets while spinning upside down on a huge rotating wheel or firing a cannon? No. But I think if they were televised on regular channels they would probably develop a following.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123