Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Cabela's / Bass Pro ... Mossberg Shockwave prohibited??

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I think Dunham*s does the same thing with the shockwave, seen sale adds with them and if I remember correctly Pa wasn*t included. As for Cabelas/Bass pro, I get some stuff there at times when the price is right, picked up a Winchester model 70 extreme with muzzle brake this year on close out for 998.00 out the door no tax in Wv. It*s a 1400.00+ rifle.
    The Shockwave was in two of the Dunham's I've visited in the last few months.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

I received another email stating they were looking into it. I then called this evening and all the rep could tell me is that she received a message that it is a "restricted item." She said someone tried to order one in Illinois earlier and she received the same message. AFAIK, the 18.5" Shockwave is legal in IL also. She said it may have been miscategorized in the system by whoever entered it. However, she then gave me some speech about the laws changing all the time, etc. and said she would put in a ticket that would be "looked into." Yeah, ok. Mossberg is going to be wondering why they are suddenly selling none of these through Cabela's/Bass Pro.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The Shockwave was in two of the Dunham's I've visited in the last few months.
    That*s good, I know I seen it, thought it was a Dunham*s add. It was a while back.
    Today was a good day!

(Chester County)

I've never experienced a single problem getting ammo shipped to me from Cabela's/Bass Pro shop. I've been buying from them before there was an algore invented internet and all they used was printed catalogs. I've been to Cabela's in Hamburg and Christiana DE and the Bass Pro Shop in Atlantic City NJ and Harrisburg. I've always been treated politely and they normally carry what I'm looking for most times like any other store. I'm not always looking for deals. Availability of the product is more important.

During the scamdemic I noticed I didn't much in the way of 20ga slugs so I ordered some from Cabela's and it shipped to me in a reasonable amount of time, maybe a few days more than normal but in a week and a half I had my 10 boxes of 5 20 gauge 7/8 oz slugs. Yeah, I paid full retail but they had it in stock and shipped it to me quicker than most during that contrived so-called pandemic. I was so pleased I ordered more 12 ga slugs and it was the same thing, reasonable shipping time and an available product.

I'd say I purchase about 90% of my fishing gear from Bass Pro and never once have I been disappointed with what I bought or complained about price. They are reasonable, not the cheapest but reasonable and reliable. There's always Dick's or Walmarts
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    That's when you tell your kids to stop buying garbage gift cards to garbage stores.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    It's no Benelli, but Mossberg makes good shotguns. I don't actually care about the bird's head as I'll be putting a stock on it. It just happens to be the only 590 w/ an 18.5" barrel that they sell. It looks like I'll be buying a 590 elsewhere though and saving those Cabela's GCs for another time.
    That does not appear to be the case.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/mossberg-590a1-7-shot-pump-action-shotgun-with-m-lok-forend

I personally like the 20" wood retrograde with the bayonet lug.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/moss...ctical-shotgun
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

The one (only) time I bought a rifle from Cabelas that was on sale, it took over 4 hrs waiting for the paperwork to get completed. It was reviewed and checked by no fewer than 6 employees in the process, all intentionally. The clerk said that there is only a single FFL license for the entire chain, and anything close to a "risk" to that license is going to get blocked by corporate so that there's never any reason to have their license revoked. Loosing there FFL would amount to $millions or more of lost revenue, so don't bother trying to convince them whats legal and whats not, the local folks have little sway over corp policy.
    SigGendered

The one (only) time I bought a rifle from Cabelas that was on sale, it took over 4 hrs waiting for the paperwork to get completed. It was reviewed and checked by no fewer than 6 employees in the process, all intentionally. The clerk said that there is only a single FFL license for the entire chain, and anything close to a "risk" to that license is going to get blocked by corporate so that there's never any reason to have their license revoked. Loosing their FFL would amount to $millions or more of lost revenue, so don't bother trying to convince them whats legal and whats not, the local folks have little sway over corp policy.
    SigGendered

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    The one (only) time I bought a rifle from Cabelas that was on sale, it took over 4 hrs waiting for the paperwork to get completed. It was reviewed and checked by no fewer than 6 employees in the process, all intentionally. The clerk said that there is only a single FFL license for the entire chain, and anything close to a "risk" to that license is going to get blocked by corporate so that there's never any reason to have their license revoked. Loosing there FFL would amount to $millions or more of lost revenue, so don't bother trying to convince them whats legal and whats not, the local folks have little sway over corp policy.
    Each store has its own FFL. You can verify this on the ATF website.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    That's a 590A1 rather than a 590. While the metal trigger group, safety and beefier barrel are nice, it weighs 25% more than the 590. For my use, I'd rather have the weight savings than have a shotgun ready for war.

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    The one (only) time I bought a rifle from Cabelas that was on sale, it took over 4 hrs waiting for the paperwork to get completed. It was reviewed and checked by no fewer than 6 employees in the process, all intentionally. The clerk said that there is only a single FFL license for the entire chain, and anything close to a "risk" to that license is going to get blocked by corporate so that there's never any reason to have their license revoked. Loosing their FFL would amount to $millions or more of lost revenue, so don't bother trying to convince them whats legal and whats not, the local folks have little sway over corp policy.
    No doubt. Unless corporate fixes it, no one in PA is getting one of these. Getting anything changed within a corporate structure is usually a lost cause, so I won't hold out any hope. I was an Operations Manager for one of the biggest corporations in the world and we kept shipping out singles of this item that is only sold in pairs because someone received it incorrectly. Customers would get 1/2 the pair, we would process the return and ship them another single. Round and round. Some customers tried to keep the first shipment, thinking they would have a pair once we shipped the replacement - but then the system would automatically charge them for a second item if the return was not received. We opened countless tickets to get this fixed and it never was. I left the company 11 years ago and today they are still shipping out singles of this item.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast