Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Mandatory In-Car Breathalyzers Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    Proposed Laws to Protect the Public Purse & General well being of the majority:

8.) Require all who engage in high risk activities such as extreme climbing, skydiving, etc. to sign waivers agreeing not to seek health care insurance in any form as a result of any injuies incurred.
    I like this one.

I already do sign a waiver that says I will not sue anyone for damages resulting in my injury or death in the persuit of my sport.

I already do pay higher premiums on life insurance and health in the event that I am injured or killed in the persuit of my sport.

Some do believe that I should not be allowed health coverage at all because I choose to participate in an activity that could result in my injury or death.

Of course theres no risk at all in the world of firearms

Just out of curiosity, who gets to be the arbiter of how much unnecessary risk is acceptable for others?
    Last edited by skyjerk; June 27th, 2008 at 09:55 AM.

(Northampton County)

4.) Sterilize all humans with IQ’s < 80
    In 50 years or so Dickson City would be a ghost town as no one there would be able to reproduce.

(Venango County)

What about practical consideration as well?

Some BG chasing you down and you go to start the car and the mechanism fails so you cannot leave the area.

Or, maybe you were drinking, and an emergency situation develops. Either BG or someone needing aid immediately and you are the least drunk of the available drivers, but drunk none-the-less. Gee, no one can start their cars.

Or...

Tornado alert or other weather alerts...(and you were celebrating the 4th at a neighbor's or local bar etc.)

Well, you get my drift...
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Nope. Not one bit. I have zero tolerance for drunk driving, it shows a total lack of personal accountability ,and respect for your fellow man's well being.
    Gee, if I remember correctly, that can be said about guns.

Your breath stinks of the effects of force-fed propaganda, because you don't seem to insist on a continuum for all conditions and scenarios that affect driving. "Zero tolerance". We've also heard that one before.

One doesn't have to think that this or other tongue-in-cheek (or not) suggestions are unbearably draconian on their own. One simply needs to know that since we are a country of precedent, and the curious and inexplicable application of precedent in this country has turned all good things to bad.

You must worry about any specific step toward totalitarianism because the first step will NEVER be the last step.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post

Your breath stinks of the effects of force-fed propaganda, because you don't seem to insist on a continuum for all conditions and scenarios that affect driving. "Zero tolerance". We've also heard that one before.

One doesn't have to think that this or other tongue-in-cheek (or not) suggestions are unbearably draconian on their own. One simply needs to know that since we are a country of precedent, and the curious and inexplicable application of precedent in this country has turned all good things to bad.

You must worry about any specific step toward totalitarianism because the first step will NEVER be the last step.
    I usually find your position on who should be allowed to have firearms a little bit too generous. ie: If you arent dead or in prison you should be allowed.
    Still If it has to be too much one way or the other, I'll go with too generous as opposed to too strict.

However, I gotta give you some rep for this post.

Well said.

(Mifflin County)

Or better yet you use some mouthwash in the morning and can't start you car to go to work and lose your job would the companies who have this brilliant idea pay you or make sure your family is taken care of. The government would just say it's your own fault. You were trying to make sure you were taking care of you teeth next time don't use listerine.
    Audaces fortuna juvat

(Erie County)

More blanket crap to cover the masses rather than simply addressing the problem.

1st offense no accident DUI - 90 days served with an ankle bracelet offering work release only and regular piss tests.

2nd offense or if an accident occurred, permanent lose of driver license, and a year in jail to contemplate your stupidity.

I enjoy drinking. I enjoy getting drunk at times as well as long as I don't go overboard and end up face down in the toilet. However I do my drinking at home. Better beer for the money spent, no risk on the road, and my car is still driveable in the morning.

There is no excuse for getting drunk and driving.

Despite my opinion this idea is wrong. As usual it will affect only those who already avoid drinking to excess and driving. Those who do so despite prior DUI's will find a way to circumvent the process.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    Fair enough, got to give you credit for consistency.

Thanks I try.

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post

Your opinion I guess. Drunk driving is okay your book?

Dave
    3%

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Thanks I try.

Your opinion I guess. Drunk driving is okay your book?

Dave
    I cannot speak for the other member, but does anyone actually think that drunk driving is "okay"? c'mon, it seemed like he was referring to your proposed unconditional obedience to such an authoritarian policy, and that if this were permitted, it would only lead to more of the same, ie the slippery slope.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    I knew an old guy who drank at the local bar, I walked in one day, right past his car, and saw a whole bunch of balloons in the back seat. I recognized his car, so when I went in I asked him if it was someones birthday. He said nope, and he'd show me something. We walked back out to his car and he said, they put one of those damn breathalyzers on my car, he showed me how he would blow up a few balloons before he started drinking, and when he was done he'd use the balloon to start the car.

Not advocating drunk driving, but you have to admire good old american ingenuity.
    that is one smart move.. wouldnt of thought of that myself.. as well i dont condone this activity. but more or less pretty intelligent move.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast