Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The bolded is a good talking point for a city council meeting, though. Mind if I steal it for the next one?
    Help yourself. Here's a good look at what's going on - https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.com/homicide/ You can see where the murders are on the map, and you can filter by age, race and gender.

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Help yourself. Here's a good look at what's going on - https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.com/homicide/ You can see where the murders are on the map, and you can filter by age, race and gender.
    Perfect! Thanks!

I want to spend my 3 minutes at the next meeting simply being factual about things.

1) In fact, you're violating the law.
    2) In fact, shooter had 9 minutes. He could have killed those people with anything.
    3) In fact, 3-400 murders/year are done with rifles of all types. Assuming they're all AR15s (they're not)....,

So on and so forth. Pulling in city stats would be good.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Hey poofers, there's a good letter in the PG today calling out Peduto. Please feel free to add your words of wisdom to the comment section!

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/201812230100
    Can you copy paste the letter, even though I subscribed it still blocks me?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

Not sure I would present #3 as you wrote it. The only thing they will hear is 400 murders by rifles.

2/3 of murders are in high crime neighborhoods where drug crimes are high. Another outlawed crime the city can't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Perfect! Thanks!

I want to spend my 3 minutes at the next meeting simply being factual about things.

1) In fact, you're violating the law.
    2) In fact, shooter had 9 minutes. He could have killed those people with anything.
    3) In fact, 3-400 murders/year are done with rifles of all types. Assuming they're all AR15s (they're not)....,

So on and so forth. Pulling in city stats would be good.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Can you copy paste the letter, even though I subscribed it still blocks me?
    DEC 23, 2018 12:00 AM
    The city leaders are taking the taxpayers for another ride on the vote pandering train. The recent so-called commonsense gun proposals have already been litigated and the politicians lost.

The law, Section 6120 of Pennsylvania Title 18, says: “No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this commonwealth.”

I was a resident of the City of Pittsburgh for 60 years and feel I have as much say as anyone. Mayor Bill Peduto has written to other mayors across the state so it affects me and other law-abiding citizens in the commonwealth.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Not sure I would present #3 as you wrote it. The only thing they will hear is 400 murders by rifles.
    If you frame it as a %, it's like 4% of firearm murders (if you assume roughly 10,000 firearm homicides). Might be a better way of illuminating the true reality of the situation.

(Allegheny County)

2/3 of murders are in high crime neighborhoods where drug crimes are high. Another outlawed crime the city can't stop.
    and go... OH MY!!! BAN rifles of all types.

Yeah I didn't finish typing out all the points. Going to compare use vs availability. EG 400 used in crime compared to 15 million that are not.

More globally, if we compare all homicides done with guns to 300 million guns, it's even smaller.

Will avoid words like murder.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks scruff.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

Cool, glad you are open to constructive criticism. You are doing a great job.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast