Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Default Re: June 7 2021 Harrisburg 2A Rally

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    The Lehigh Valley Tea Party and the Eastern PA Firearms Committee chose to not attend this year's rally because it failed to focus on the most important issue that we face right now, making PA a 2A Sanctuary State (HB 357). What's more important than protecting us from Federal overreach? Any day the Biden administration can unlawfully ban AR15's. What tools do we have (short of violence) to defend ourselves?

HB 357 says:
    a) General rule.--A Federal law, rule, regulation or order created or taking effect after December 31, 2016, shall be unenforceable within the borders of this Commonwealth if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition.(b) Penalty.--An official, agent or employee of the Federal Government, the Commonwealth or a political subdivision who enforces or attempts to enforce a Federal law under subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less than one year or more than seven years, a fine of not more than $15,000, or both.

We need a veto-proof majority to get this bill passed, but I think that is possible considering the number of D's in republican districts.

Neither Metcalfe nor Stolfer responded to our multiple requests for a change to the agenda to focus on and promote HB357.

Also, this was a truly half-hearted attempt to rally. The official rally website had info from last year. The official rally Facebook page had no visible mention of.... wait for it.... the rally. You had to scroll back to a March 2021 post to find the flyer. So, if these guys don't give a fuck enough to even update the website and Facebook page, and if they are ignoring the one bill that we need most, Sanctuary State, why would we bother to go and wave some flags? What were we supposed to accomplish?

What I know is this. If you hold a rally with no clear purpose and if you then fail to promote it, you'll get about 200 people statewide, to attend.
    Well said.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

The Lehigh Valley Tea Party and the Eastern PA Firearms Committee chose to not attend this year's rally because it failed to focus on the most important issue that we face right now, making PA a 2A Sanctuary State (HB 357). What's more important than protecting us from Federal overreach? Any day the Biden administration can unlawfully ban AR15's. What tools do we have (short of violence) to defend ourselves?

HB 357 says:
    a) General rule.--A Federal law, rule, regulation or order created or taking effect after December 31, 2016, shall be unenforceable within the borders of this Commonwealth if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition.(b) Penalty.--An official, agent or employee of the Federal Government, the Commonwealth or a political subdivision who enforces or attempts to enforce a Federal law under subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less than one year or more than seven years, a fine of not more than $15,000, or both.

We need a veto-proof majority to get this bill passed, but I think that is possible considering the number of D's in republican districts.

Neither Metcalfe nor Stolfer responded to our multiple requests for a change to the agenda to focus on and promote HB357.

Also, this was a truly half-hearted attempt to rally. The official rally website had info from last year. The official rally Facebook page had no visible mention of.... wait for it.... the rally. You had to scroll back to a March 2021 post to find the flyer. So, if these guys don't give a fuck enough to even update the website and Facebook page, and if they are ignoring the one bill that we need most, Sanctuary State, why would we bother to go and wave some flags? What were we supposed to accomplish?

What I know is this. If you hold a rally with no clear purpose and if you then fail to promote it, you'll get about 200 people statewide, to attend.
    Boo, hoo, hoo, they won't play my tune so I'm taking my ball and going home. What a childish way to act. I'm as disgusted with people like you as anyone is about any of this but I won't let my disdain for your ilk stop me from fighting for my rights. Just don't approach me like FOAC did looking for donations or help carrying your load.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Boo, hoo, hoo, they won't play my tune so I'm taking my ball and going home. What a childish way to act. I'm as disgusted with people like you as anyone is about any of this but I won't let my disdain for your ilk stop me from fighting for my rights. Just don't approach me like FOAC did looking for donations or help carrying your load.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Walleye Hunter again."
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    My wife has a CC purse that she doesn't use as a CC purse because that's a stupid way to lose your gun. It had a Velcro holster that I took out and slapped on the side of his harness. Worked great with an LCP.

I wouldn't let him carry that one loaded though, no safety and has a lightened trigger pull.

He mainly just totes Milkbones and poopy bags in his pouch.
    Thats about what hers are good for too...the 3l camelback pouch doubles as storage for other larger items if necessary (wonder if the AR pistol will fit :think: lol)

I do have a crossdraw holster on my LBV that i could use but its way oversized for any full size pistol i could put in (my p80 g17 flops around). It needs a few extra stitches to fit tighter and i havent gotten around to it yet. She can at least carry a few mag pouches full of ammo though until then😋

While I agree with you, I also agree about the points about the half assed attempt at a rally it was. I think we're seeing the impact of alienating all the other groups. It's been made clear via other means that this is Metcalfs rally, period. And Kim's state.

While I agree with yinz saying walking away isn't the answer, consider who actually walked away and alienated first.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

It would not have been difficult for FOAC and/or Metcalfe to respond to their requests - even if it was just to explain what the agenda for the rally was and why HB357 was not a priority.
    There is some onus on the organizer(s) to provide clear and consistent communication about the goal of the rally and why it's important to attend. Generic "resist tyranny" messaging doesn't work well to get people focused. There was very little info available about this rally and what the focus was supposed to be - the flyer is basically the only official communication i've seen and you kind of have to study it to even decipher that it's for a pro-2A rally.

Walleye, all you ever do is criticize everything I say. Frankly, I don't care what you think of me. You want to go, go. I chose not to go for the reason I stated. That is my right to go or not. You want to try to paint me as a cryer... LOL. Know tihs, I don't cry. I fucking do. I have built one of the largest and most powerful local groups in the nation. I don't need your opinion. It means zero to me.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Berks County)

Walleye, all you ever do is criticize everything I say. Frankly, I don't care what you think of me. You want to go, go. I chose not to go for the reason I stated. That is my right to go or not. You want to try to paint me as a cryer... LOL. Know tihs, I don't cry. I fucking do. I have built one of the largest and most powerful local groups in the nation. I don't need your opinion. It means zero to me.
    Uh huh. If all of that was true, you'd have just ignored me. It is a sad day when one with your ideals would have a following, which would have a negative effect on our fight to maintain our rights. But like Wayne LaPierre, you're probably too power drunk to realize it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    It would not have been difficult for FOAC and/or Metcalfe to respond to their requests - even if it was just to explain what the agenda for the rally was and why HB357 was not a priority.
    There is some onus on the organizer(s) to provide clear and consistent communication about the goal of the rally and why it's important to attend. Generic "resist tyranny" messaging doesn't work well to get people focused. There was very little info available about this rally and what the focus was supposed to be - the flyer is basically the only official communication i've seen and you kind of have to study it to even decipher that it's for a pro-2A rally.
    Really????? It's a rally where gun owners and supporters of the 2A gather to show our numbers and you two would rather diminish our numbers because you don't get your binki? Grow the fuck up.

(Delaware County)

^^^The problem with 2A supporters and conservatives generally...too much internecine acrimony. The dems know how to come together to push their agenda despite any petty differences.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast