Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer to carry with you.

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    Quick tip for all. I was trying to print the flyer on both sides to trifold and was not having success. If I printed front to back the folds didn't line up and if I flipped the back over folds lined up but back was upside down. So I trimmed an 8 1/2" X 11" paper down to 8 1/2" X 10 1/2", printed front to back and success. With my printer you just flip the page end to end after printing the front side and print the back.
    Make sure you set "Page Scaling" to "None" and turn off "Auto Rotate and Center" in the print dialog.

If those options are turned on, it will print differently on different printers. If they are turned off, it will print PROPERLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Well, there is lots of things not mentioned. If we didn;t cut those things out the flyer would be a book, probably about 2000 pages
    Understood for sure.

Although it looks like there just might be enough room in that paragraph (and not start a new line) to mention the Philly thing ... to be totally accurate

I won't lose any sleep over it though

Just a suggestion:

Under " Facts about concealed carry "

When referencing 6120, change "Cities, towns, and municipalities" to "Counties, Cities, Townships, and other municipal subdivisions such as Boros and Villages"

It's more inclusive and representative of the specific political subdivisions present in PA.

(Indiana County)

A village is not a political subdivision - it's merely a place named on a map. For a village, the local government is the township.

Thank you for putting this together.

(Berks County)

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum, and to carrying a firearm. trying to learn everything i can. This forum has been heaven sent, has answered all my questions so far. I was wondering about both OC and CC. It is not something i want to hide but not something I want out there all the time either. Is there a place for this thought? thanks in advance Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum, and to carrying a firearm. trying to learn everything i can. This forum has been heaven sent, has answered all my questions so far. I was wondering about both OC and CC. It is not something i want to hide but not something I want out there all the time either. Is there a place for this thought? thanks in advance Debbie
    Hi, and welcome Debbie! Do you already have your license to carry?

Well, with OC vs CC, as you might have seen, there are MANY thoughts and opinions on this...LOL!

Stick around and learn, as we all have, from others here.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    While there are a few that are adamant that one way or the other is best, both have advantages and disadvantages. The bottom line is that however you carry on a particular day is your choice. While I usually OC in nice weather, there are occasions and places that I choose to conceal. Not because a particular way is "right" or "wrong", but simply because it is my choice. If someone else is along with me and they choose to carry in a different manner than me, I don't have a problem with that.

Again....personal choice.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

The only problem that I have with the new version is that the type is so small on the last fold of the first page (the part that includes school property) that I can't read it without glasses. Even then I get a little cross-eyed. The prior version is small but this is smaller. I guess it had to be that way in order to fit everything.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to produce this for other people. It was this document, which turned up an a web search, that originally led me to this forum way back when.

Everyone needs to help spread the word and circulate these. If we don't stand up for our rights they will be taken away. History has proven this time and time again. We are one of only a handful of countries in the entire world that even allow firearms ownership. How many dictatorships, kingdoms and authoritarian governments grant this right? How do you think they stay in power? This freedom is what separates us from the slaves of the world. We are indeed free men. That's why so many millions of people from every part of the world are willing to risk everything to come here. And never forget that our freedom has come at the cost of millions of lives, people who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy those rights and live as free men. To hand these rights back to any government would amount to spitting on the graves of those who won them for us.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Bucks County)

Thank you very much for posting this.I made multiply copies and won a few arguments at work with this handy flyer 99% of the guys at work said it was illegal to open carry in Philadelphia even w/a LTCF (Im trying to teach them to call it a License and not a permit but they are gnarly old bastards).Great info and Im hoping to see a few of my co-workers here soon.

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast