Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Pike County)

Default Re: child gun safety

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Penn & Teller's B.S. episode on Gun Control (Search for "Penn & Teller" on Google Video) quote it at somewhere around 150 a year.
    It's about right, acdg to my calculations, after I subtracted other causes for the correct age group. Frankly, I concluded it should be in between of 90 and 150 annualy. Not bad at all for the 300 million country, that loses couple of thousand (!!!) kids annualy to the swimming pool accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Did anyone else ever wonder why the "Centers for Disease Control" is tracking gun related and accidental deaths in children?
    I did. But I guess they have to gather the statistics for the "unnatural" death. And cause. At least to subtract all irrelevant ones. And so far it seems to be most accurate.
    Je suis déplorable

(Centre County)

Default Re: child gun safety

When my dad died I inherited all his right-handed guns. I didn't get my own place until my son was born, so moving in was a big deal when it came to taking those with me. I wanted an actual safe, but I had to settle for a gun display cabinet that was being thrown out, then add a few redundant quick-release locks (out of my wife's reach, let alone my son's) to keep my son from getting in there.

This, of course, is a second line-of-defense. First is education. My son is now 3, and has been out to the range with me a few dozen times- even yelled at a few college kids who weren't acting safely. He's not strong enough yet to work the actions himself, or he'd be better educated than he is.

Honestly, most of the numbers are going to be accidental, born of ignorance. Teach, and you remove the mystery and the compulsion to 'play' with the forbidden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12